cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Specification assignment

0 Kudos

Hi All

I am looking at using the multiple specification functionality for a site as they have multiple Customers with different specifications but all the same tests. We do not want to go down the route of creating new material codes or doing made to sales order so we will not know the actual Customer we are making for at time of making. We are making to stock and then saying which batches can go to which Customers.

while exploring multiple spec functionality I have come across 2 problems.

First one was when assigning task list in CWBQM if using Customer or Country it was either asking for Vendor or Customer to be also assigned in the task list is there any way around this as currently all our task lists are just set up with Material and plant code. This led me to use the pharmacopeia option.

I then marked inspection plan with multiple specs and inspection type with multiple specs and set up the dependent characteristics. The only problem having now is the inspection lot has been created and cannot assign plan. I am stuck as usage and lot size are all the same

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's been a while since I've worked with multiple specs.  But I believe the customer/material must be in the plan/assigment screens.

You the use this to assign the multiple specs in the inspection plan.

You also must set everything up using CWBQM.  Are you using this?

Try this document for help.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2004a166-0a75-2c10-0caf-dc63b76c6...

Craig

0 Kudos

Hi Craig yes I set up all the assignment through CWBQM. We do not have Customer assignment in our inspection plans as we do not use inspection type 10 or made to sales order so we never know who we are making the stock for so therefore there is no customer assignment. I was working off this document but no luck that is why I have posted here.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It doesn't matter that you don't use inspection type 10 or know who you sell to.  You still need to make the assignments so you can in turn make the specifications assignments for each customer in the plan.

Craig