Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personas - Backend error occured

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I get the attached 'Backend error occurred' when I try to create a Label and place inside of the script button. The script button provides the text at the centre whereas I need the text at the top of the script button. And when I try including the label in the button, I get the error wherein I cannot move forward.
Does anyone know what is causing the issue.

Regards,

Narendra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

I don't think that the 'Backend error' is related to placing the label over a script button. From the screenshot, it looks like a Kernel bug that has been fixed in recent patch levels of 742 and 745. What PL are you on?

Regarding the placement of the label, it should be possible to place the label on top of a script button. If the label is behind the script button, you can 'bring it forward' using the option available in the toolbar. If the Kernel backend error is preventing you to do this in the editor, hit the enter key to flush any pending events before you go into edit mode.

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Kranthi.

We are on Kernel 745 Lvl 200. For some reason I see this message and I have to delete the flavor and redo the same steps. And now I see the error was not prompted.

Regards,

Narendra.

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

I would need the Label text clickable. In Personas 2.0 I had set IsEnabled property to False and could able to see the text and the Script button was clickable on the text as well. However in Personas 3.0, though the enabled property was unchecked which I could not change, I am not able to see the label text clickable. Is this something a limitation in 3.0. Apparently should I use onClick property for to make the label text to be clickable?

Regards,

Narendra.

0 Kudos

According to the following SAP Note, the recommended PL for Kernel 745 is 213. Kindly implement this PL and test.

2295995 - SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP03: Released Notes Information

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

0 Kudos

For now, the only option I see is to place the label on the top of the button and assign the same script as that of the script button to the onClick event of the label.

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

0 Kudos

Does the PL Update from 200 to 213 fix the Problem?

I have the same error - Kernel 745 Lv 201

0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

If you are referring to the backend error popup, it can occur if there is an error in scripting, tab merging conflicts or if there is error in ITS to render the screen. Kernel 745 PL 213 seems to fix some of the backend errors and is the recommended PL for SAP Screen Personas 3.0 SP03.

Best regards

Kranthi

0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Yes I was referring to the backend error popup. We updated our Kernel 745 from Patch Level 201 to 216 and it seems that the backend error is fixed.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Henning

narendra_bendi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Our Basis see the latest Kernel in SMP as 745/201 and as per Note 2199308, it tells about DW.sar, which only patches the dispatcher related files (not the entire kernel, just a subset). Do you still recommend to go updating the dispatcher related files in the system. Let me know for any information.

Regards,

Narendra.