SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWER FACTOR CALCULATION.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI...

I am facing a problem while creating the rate step for POWER FACTOR calculation. my scenario is Whenever the average power factor is more than 0.95, an incentive shall be given at the rate of 1% (one percent) of the amount of the monthly bill including energy charges, reliability charges, FAC, and Fixed/Demand Charges.

I used variant program QUANTI31 but the system shows some error so i used QUANTI12 then also pf is not determine.

Please help me out to calculate this power factor calculation..

REGARDS

RATHEESH

4 REPLIES 4

former_member289871
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rateesh,

QUANTI31 variant calculates PF by referring to EPOWERF table and hence I think this may not be relevant to you.

Please try using QUANTI13 variant to calculate Cosine Phi based on Active and Reactive energy and this variant uses the actual formula to calculate cosine phi.

Please let me know if you face any errors after adding QUANTI13 variant? Also provide the error details.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

0 Kudos

HI Mayuresh

how the system picks the value of KVAH, when we enter the values in EL28.

actual i used QUANTI12  for division KWH/ KVAH

i am getting an error

0 Kudos

Hi Rateesh,

The error in the screenshot clearly shows that the second operand in your Rate for QUANTI12 variant rate step is supplied with 0 value and hence you are getting this division by zero error during billing.

Please check how this second QUANT variant is used in your rate step and passed values. If you are having a register which measures KVAH then please check your register related rate and ensure that the register related operand is defined correctly and this value is passed to your 2nd QUANT operand for QUANTI1 variant rate step.

Thanks,

Mayuresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last the system picks both the values,,,

thanks Mayuresh for the guidence....