Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Usage Decision in EWM-QIE even though ERP-QM is connected to EWM-QIE

halderrajdeep89
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement for a customer where they want to perform the Quality Inspection in EWM, but they want the inspection document to be generated also in ERP.

In standard scenario, this is not possible as the system gives error "Externally distributed insp. document XXX should not be decided directly" if ERP-QM is integrated with EWM-QIE.

Can the requirement be achieved through some BADI or has anyone done similar enahancements?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"We have a requirement for a customer where they want to perform the Quality Inspection in EWM, but they want the inspection document to be generated also in ERP."

Sorry, but that does not make any sense.

Save yourself the work and talk the customer out of it. Either he want to use ERP, then he does the decision in ERP. Or he does not need the ERP functionalities.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

halderrajdeep89
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thank you for your reply.

I wish I could convince the customer. The logic behind this requirement is that, the customer has done an enhancement in MIRO, which checks if any inspection lot is open for the PO, and if it is, it blocks the user from doing the invoice verification. All their IV take place after quality acceptance.

However, when we move to EWM-QIE, this will be difficult as their existing enhancement will not work. So there would be no check on the invoice verification.

I would be grateful if you could suggest a way (using ERP-QM in the warehouse is however not an option for them).

Thanks,

Rajdeep

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"using ERP-QM in the warehouse is however not an option for them" - why? The customer is using it obviously now. Why not continue to use it then?

Anyway, is the customer sure that their enhancement to control if any inspection lot is still open will still work? I am not that deep in QM documents and their relationships in ERP, but will the inspection lot triggered from EWM at all have any relationship to the PO? Or in the same way they read it now?

But for a solution - sorry, don't know any way.

Brgds

Juergen

halderrajdeep89
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Yes the customer-specific enhancement still works, we tested it by connection IOT17 in ECC to IOT4 in EWM.

But in the warehouse, they want to take the decisions in RF (/SCWM/RFUI) which is not a possibility if we take the UD in ERP QM.

Regards,

Rajdeep