cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software component version missing solman verification check

hugo_bakx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all! As specified in my other thread, we're in the process of preparing for a stack upgrade of the solution manager. In order to do this, we need to generate an XML file on it. In order to do that, the solution manager itself needs to pass it's own verification check. Which it doesn't.

If i run the verification checks in the system landscape product system editor, i get the 2 following errors:

<sid> (Application Server ABAP) Software component version "SAPUI5 CLIENT RT AS ABAP 1.00" is missing on system "<SID>[DUAL_STACKS]" for product instance "UI ADD-ON 1.0 FOR NW 7.02-SAPUI5 DevToolkit: Client Libs".

and

<sid> (Application Server ABAP) Software component version "SAP UI ADD-ON INFRA V1.0" is missing on system "<SID>[DUAL_STACKS]" for product instance "UI ADD-ON 1.0 FOR NW 7.02-SAPUI5 DevToolkit: Client Libs".

..where <SID> is off course, our own solution manager. I've checked the system and documentation available, and found that the most part does seem setup right according to the Wiki:

https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SMSETUP/Maintenance+of+Product+in+the+System+Landscape

Searched sapnet but haven't found these specific errors before. Anyone have any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

You are currently on SP8 in your solution manager.

Can you please check and confirm if in your ABAP Stack you have UISAPUI5 and UI_INFRA components.

Also for your earlier separate message regarding stack.xml file, you can download media SPS14 Stack media (51050041_1 to 4) and use stack.xml file available in this media.

Thanks,

Manish

hugo_bakx
Explorer
0 Kudos

I just checked, and these components do not show up in the list of installed components in System -> status on the solution manager.

I checked with an ECC server that should actually have these components installed and they do show up there.

So i wonder why the verification check of the solution manager thinks these components should be installed.. I'm guessing they are not a standard part of the SP8 stack of solution manager aswell?

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

Yes, those are not part of SP8 installation. That's why I had mentioned earlier to download SPS14 Media (DVD) set download and use stack.xml file available within that media.

Thanks,

Manish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
hugo_bakx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ning,

I tried ignoring the output of the verification check as mentioned in the note and running the maintenance optimiser, but the maintenance optimiser also errors out with other errors (not found by the verification check?):

Installed Product Instance SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 Wily Introscope not assigned

Installed Product Instance SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.1 Agents for managed systems not assigned!

So it still looks like something is wrong and not everything is as it should be. Unfortunately, the wiki isn't of much help regarding solution manager.

Best regards,

Hugo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ning,

From LMDB navigate to Product Systems -> <SID> -> Technical Systems -> Software and Add the missing components manually.

Venu