cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 integration with Afaria

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

How can be SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 integrated with Afaria for deploying Syclo applications?

Please assist and share document if any.

Thanks & regards,

Abhilasha Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I guess you are talking about SMP apps with Afaria. You can find some information on this link :

If you can share some more details on any specific scenario we can discuss more about it. You may also refer to similar question on SCN: Integrating Afaria sever with SMP 3.0 | SCN

Regards,

Nagesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

We are concerned with SAP Agentry applications and not kapsel applications.

Following is our environment set up:

Platform: SAP Mobile Platform 3.0 SP10

Application: Work Manager 6.2, SAP Rounds Manager 3.0, SAP Inventory Manager 4.2

Editor: Eclipse Juno

Please assist if there is any documentation available for the same.

Thanks & regards,

Abhilasha Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

You need to create a branded installer (.ipa) file that will take the base Agentry client and allow you to set the Icon, Name, startup images.  In order to perform the branding you will need to join the Apple Enterprise Developer program and setup your application id and provisioning profile that is needed to generate your branded .ipa file.

Once you have your .ipa file you can test load on devices through iTunes to test the .ipa and then load into SAP Afaria for deployment based on your policies.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

I dont see any document specifically to Syclo, how ever the standard Afaria offers Enterprise App store, you can upload your applications on Afaria and it can be distributed to users with policies. You may find the details with this link:

How to Deploy apps to iOS devices with Afaria

Similar approach follows for Android devices also. Hope this helps, if any questions let me know.

Regards,

Nagesh

0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh/Sushmitha,

Does Afaria supports Windows device?

Regards,

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhilasha,

Yes, ofcourse. Please take a look at this document http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-afaria7sp16/Afaria_system_requirements.pdf to see the device requirements for Windows devices.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

I have gone through document which you have referred. Here i can see Creation of Enterprise application policy for agentry application for ios devices. It is quite helpful. Is there option available for Windows devices in the same way?

Thanks & regards,

Abhilasha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhilasha,

You can create Enterprise policy for the Windows devices as well from SAP Afaria. Please take a look at this doc http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/zip-afaria7sp4/Afaria_AdministrationReference.pdf Page 150 explains the entire process of pushing enterprise application to the Windows devices through SAP afaria.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha