Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stack update solution manager 7.1 from SPS8 to SPS14

hugo_bakx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all!

After reading some, and then some more, i'm kind of confused. We have a solution manager 7.1 SPS8 system running for some time now, and we want to update it soon to the latest stack available, at this time, stack 14. I have read that there are different ways to go about this, but the recommended option seems to be by using SUM and not spam/saint. Unfortunately, SUM requires a stack XML file.. So, we need one.

I've looked into this and some people advise to use the stack XML from sapnet using the support stack download option, and other people seem to recommend generating it using MOPZ? What's the best/recommended approach here?

I've already started the maintenance optimiser transaction for the solution manager itself but am, off course, again running into issues regarding apparantly unassigned product instances and landscape verification checks. Which always seems to be a lengthy game of trail and error, for every system connected to solution manager. (even when using the wiki: Maintenance of Product in the System Landscape - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki)

So before i invest a lot of time in that again, i'm wondering if that is neccesary for creating the XML in this case. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to suggest you to go with stack XML file generation with Maintenance Optimizer. All the required components will be calculated and compiled in the stack file by Maintenance Optimizer and there will be no more manual corrections are required.

Regards,

Ganesan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

hugo_bakx
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK, unfortunately i can only mark one answer as correct, but both of you seem to be giving the same answer so i'll carry on setting up the solution manager to generate correct XML's for itself. Thanks for the help!

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

Since your solution manager is already 7.1 SPS 08, but the XML in SAP Software Download Center is used for update from SPS 04 to SPS14. You need to use MOPZ or Maintenance Planner to calculate packages and stack XML.

Maintenance Planner https://apps.support.sap.com/sap(bD16aCZjPTAwMQ==)/support/mp/index.html

Regards,

Ning