cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to configure Storage Section in live warehouse

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I want to add a new storage section under a storage type in a live warehouse. Live warehouse means it has activities going on. So can anyone explain the steps I should follow to add storage section.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepika,

Just create a new storage section under the required storage type and apply mass change option to assign this new section for required set of storage bins.

If you want to go with any storage section search sequences, it would required to maintained that and activate the storage section check for storage type putaway controls.

Here , storage bin is unique and section is optional for creating bins, so there is no impact on live bins in your warehouse.

BR,

C K Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Thanks for the answer. I have a doubt that if we add the storage section to storage type in the above method, and do the configs as you said, will it affect the stocks in the warehouse. Because what I want is to change the storage section in the existing bins (master data).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepika,

No it will not impact to existing stock.

It will be a new section which you can use it as per your product master .

BR,

Olet

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can not be impact to existing stocks in bins. The section wise stock also we can see through the monitor after maintaining the new storage sections.since storage bin is unique in EWM and storage section is optional to create the bins.

BR,

C K Reddy

Answers (0)