cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with filter - No data being displayed for specific filters in planning view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In one of our planning views, we are displaying Key Figures like "Last Year Sales", "Gap between last year and current year sales" etc. The planning level attributes are "Main Customer Description" (an attribute of Customer), "SBU" and "Customer Country"

When the planning view loads, all data is displayed properly. However, when filter is applied to "Main Customer Description", a message pops up saying "No data to display. Check your settings, privileges etc...". However when the filter is applied to "SBU" or "Customer Country" data is displayed properly.

I found out the Customer ID corresponding to the "Main Customer Description" value that we are providing in the filter. Then I applied filter based on "Customer ID" with this value. Data is displayed properly in this case. However whenever "Main Customer Description" is used in the filter, it is not working.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Paul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

pradeepmolugu
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Please check the description if it has any special characters

Try to implement this SAP note 2282326 - Opening a planning view fails with an error when there are special characters in master data values that are being displayed.

If the attributes not appearing in filter of Report try SAP NOTE  2288163 - User is not able to view data In S&OP 3.0.3.0.

After applying both notes you have to clear Meta data cache this option is available in login wizard once the connection is selected

click edit connection

In edit connection window select Clear metadata cache and click ok and connect to SAP S&OP refresh report with description which is in issue it will be fixed.

Try and Let me know whether this would solve your issue or not?

Cheers!

Pradeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Hope you are doing well!

Option 1: It seems to be an authorization issue, can you assign ALL_INCLUSIVE role to the user you are working with and try again?

Option 2: Check the planning levels for the mentioned key figures and ensure "Main Customer Description" is checked.

Worse scenario, can you attach your customer master file which will help me understand your data.

Regards,

Aditya G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

when you want to use the attribute "Main Customer Description" based on some filter you need to set it as as main object, so make it as a navigational attribute and then filter the values or variable.

BR

Mastan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mastan,

Could you please tell me how to make "Main Customer Description" as a navigational attribute?

I went to the attribute maintenance screen in IBP configuration, but could not find any such option..

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, This could be an issue with attribute description in settings. Can you please check the filter setting and description once.

Regards,

Kisshore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kisshore,

In "filter setting" option of Attribute Maintenace, all attributes are in the Display mode and the "Attribute Category" is set to optional.

Regards,

Paul