Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script no executing If statement SAP Personas 3

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue with a particular script I'm trying to write in SAP Personas 3. I am in transaction PA20 and I copy the employee number, go into Transaction PA30, and into the employees record where I first check to see if the user is locked. If the user is not locked, I then enter an infotype and click on the edit button.

At this point I'm then trying to check the status bar for another message to see if that is displayed. If it is I want to return to PA20 and display a message.

This is the part that I cannot get to work. the script stops when you press the edit button at line 35.

What am I doing wrong?

any help much appreciated,

thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

As Steve suggested, please check the status bar message details. The status bar control has the properties - messageId and messageNumber. It is possible that "PG564" is a concatenation of the messageId and messageNumber. You can verify this either in the debugger or when you go to the technical information (double click on the message).

Best regards

Kranthi

SAP Screen Personas Team

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Thank you, yes the message number was 564 and not PG564 as you surmised. I only double clicked on the message to view the message number, but didn't then click on the technical information button.

Lesson learned.

Thanks so much

Ian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see anything obviously wrong, at first glance.

Can you set a breakpoint just before that if and use the browser debugger to investigate what's going on? Look at the status bar message details and single step the script from there to see what it is doing.

Steve.

former_member105930
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your suggestion. And yes as a result of your suggestion and Kranthi, the issue was that i had the message number wrong.

Lessons being learnt everyday.

Thanks again,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Personas scripting is nice and easy, right up to the point where it isn't anymore . At that point, the browser developer tools are your best friend...

Steve.