Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC PC 10.1: Customer Defined fields for Controls - Long text

former_member307696
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to create two new custom long text fields on the Process control Records (central control & local control).

These are to be maintained by the end-user, uploaded via MDUG and available for reporting. No special requirements such as a mandatory field.

The system is: GRC PC 10.1 on SP 13.

I have attempted to follow instructions with IMG>GRC>General Settings>User-Defined Fields, however, these aren't very clear for 'long text' fields.

So far, the fields are present on the control record, can be modified, uploaded by MDUG but online reporting does not show the data within the fields and the standard description field has been impacted in reporting as it sometimes reverses the text in lines of 72 characters.

Has anyone else successfully performed CDF for long text fields on the control record and can provide some input as to which steps are mandatory?

Thanks,

Aiden

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197694
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aiden,

Not sure if i understand your requirement correctly,

Did you refer the below link for CDF

Hope it helps

Regards

Baithi

former_member307696
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Baithi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I have seen that link, however we do-not need to control the visibility of the field on the UI.

That link seems to be for if we need to make the fields 'mandatory' or 'ready only', but we don't have that requirement.

I've found the SAP instruction for CDF long text fields to be confusing and incomplete, hence causing issues when trying to implement.

I'm wondering if other people have successfully implemented CDF long text fields and can help with the exact steps required.

Thanks,
Aiden