Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RR : Batch class assigned to MIC - Inspection point Samples

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I have attached a batch class to MIC, and used this MIC in inspection plan.

During inspection, i'm generating 4 samples. While RR, i must enter 4 results (1 result per sample), for example, let's admit :

Sample 1 : 10

Sample 2 : 10

Sample 3 : 20

Sample 4 : 20

So the value displayed in the operation result for the characteristics is for sure the mean value of the 4 results, ie 15

The problem is regarding the value transfered to the batch classification. As the MIC is linked to the batch class, i must have the value 15, but i'm seeing 20 (the last value entered in RR).

Even if taking UD, the value still 20, and not changed to 15.

Thanks a lot for you help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok Yaz,

This got me intrigued so I did some more digging.  For 01 and 04 lots the inspection point settings are only affecting the value seen in the summarized UD value, (which could be the last value depending on config setting).

For physical samples it is not influencing the batch transfer.  At least not in my system. And apparently not in a previously system I once worked on years ago that I forgot about.  (Yes.. I really have forgotten more about QM than I know!).

One difference I did find is that you indicated in the above example that you were seeng the value from the last sample (value = 20) in your batch.  I always see the first value recorded, not my last in the batch.  It's like, once the batch was updated it won't replace or update the batch value.  What was interesting, is that at a previous client, I was getting the last valutated sample result on the batch record like you are.  So I don't know if I have something else in play here or not.

So all this triggered something in my grey matter and I went back to some old notes from a previous client where I had to create a follow-up action to copy the mean (or last), value, seen in the UD screen to the batch record.  I've included some of the info below.   I totally forgot about that until now.

I hope this helps.

Craig

Description: For 04 inspection lot using inspection points, only the last inspection point value is copied to the batch record.  Not the avg. of all available inspection points.  Need to have the average value reported to the batch.

Change: The resultant FM will be set up as a function module to copy the average results from the inspection lot to the batch record.  When a UD is performed, the follow-up action is triggered and executes the FM.

The function module QTFA_COPY_REFERENCE_FORM was provided by SAP to use as a template. The data required exists already in the system as the mean value that is displayed in the Usage decision screen.

This data is stored in table QAMR, field name MITTELWERT. The provided copy model FM  provides the data structure QAMKR.  In this data structure is the field ATINN.  This is the general characteristic internal characteristic number. The structure should also contain the field MITTELWERT.

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipeshkumar,

I've rexplored deeply your solution. Unfortunately, it does not resolve the issue. The value transfered to batch when using inspection point while MIC linked to batch class is the last value entered for a sample.

I think it is standard behavior, no related customizing point found.

I hope that some members here have the solution

Thank you

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's important to know what inspection type you are working with.

For 04 inspection lot using inspection points or samples, only the last inspection point or sample is considered and transferred to the batch record.

Correction:  This applies to the setting for the number of insepction points/sample to consider. The indicator below this setting is valid for 04 and 01 lots, (last inspection sample is valid).

For 01 lots, same as 04 lots.

For 03 inspection lots using inspection points or physical samples it depends on the configuration of the inspection point.  There is a setting in there that tells the system how many points to use in the summarization or if to only use the last one.

Craig

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

Could you please tell me where can in found the setting you're talking about ?

Thanks so much

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In config:

QM-->Quality Planning-->Inspection Planning-->Define Identifier for Inspection Points

Double click on inspection point being used.  Probably 200 for you.

Please use F1 to read the help files for each field.

So you are working with 03 lots?

Craig

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Even with using 03 inspection it doesn't work.

The no. insp. points for chat. summariz.= 0, but only the last result is considered.

The problem is that the behavior of my system is as the tick "Last inspected sample is valid" checked. Weird!

do i have to use funciton module ?

Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And you did the UD on these latest tests?

Craig

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Thanks for you patience. Herewith all data used for my concerned process :

In inspection plan, this the sample drawing procedure for creating physical samples :

Herewith the customizing of my inspection point :

It created 4 physical samples as

My sampling procedure to calculate sample size th MIC level in inspection plan

My inspection plan contains one operation, with the MIC (to test) :

The usage decision has been taken, but characteristics are not valuated with the mean value of inspection point.

I'm using origin 89

thanks

mohamedyaminezetti
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dipeshkumar,

Thank you for this solution. However, it do not create physical sample for my inspection lot. Do you have please ana solution to resolve that ?

Thanks

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The suggested solution doesn't create any physical sample. I am asking you to create sampling procedure not the sample drawing procedure. please go through below screen shots.

Step 1 Create / change an MIC as a reference char with relation to class characteristics and choose control indicators (Sampling Procedure and Single Result). Please keep all the other indicator as per your requirements.

Step 2 Create a sampling Procedure (Tcode: QDV1) as as per below

Step 3 Assign the MIC with sampling procedure to your inspection plan

Step 4 Assign the inspection plan to the inspection lot (irrespective of any inspection type) don't forget to change the key date in the inspection lot as current date. So, the changes of the inspection plan can be effective. After the inspection plan assigned, go to result recording. You will see as per the below screenshot. You can see inspect as 4 and there is a + icon. Click on the + icon.

you will see 4 cells get open up

you can record the results and hit enter the system will calculate the average

now, complete the result and save.

you can check the batch class as per below screenshot before UD

You make Usage decision (or inspection point valuation if you have inspection points). The system will update the results in the batch class.

Hope this can help.

Also, if you still not find it working for you, Please share the screen shots of your master data and we can try to help you.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution is as follows.

Change the MIC's control indicator and make it single result.

Create a sampling procedure with 4 samples

Change the inspection plan and put the MIC with the newly created sampling procedure in one line item only.

Now, assign the revised inspection plan to the inspection lot. You will have a button on result field in result recording screen (+ sign button) click on it. The system will open 4 result field against the one characteristics. You will be allowed to enter 4 results and when you valuate/close the result, the system will consider the mean value of all the 4 value and update the same in the batch classification.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar