cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How search user data from portal's user dir. or directly from AD?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Searching and retrieving user data from SAP, or getting the logged in user's data from the User Data service in VC, works fine.

What I need is also the ability to search and retrieve the data stored in the Portal's user directory (which is imported from Microsoft Active Directory).

I need especially to fetch all users' email adresses (which in our case are not found in SAP). As far as I know; the user data service in VC only returns the logged in user's email address, and can not be used to fetch other users' email addresses.

Henning

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the logged on user (using the VC), then this: https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/VC/Userdatacomponent

Otherwise as mentioned in the other posts, try to access the data with e.g. a JDBC connector.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

You also can use JDBC stored procedures in Visual Composer.

HTH, Regards,

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henning,

you might have to write a webservice and deploy it to the portal, to implement the access to the UME. There you might find the email-Adresses. To my knowledge, you only get a single entry for user data in VC (i.e. not all portal roles, not all email-adresses, etc.)

You find several blogs on writing webservices, esp. for UME, on SDN. Maybe they give you a hint.

Best Regards, Benni