cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hana live view extension

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Need help in understanding the HANA live view extensions.

After we extend any hana live view by making changes to that view and saving to custom package (using extension assistant or just by copying), if there is new version of hana live view available, how to handle this scenario?

Do we have to again extend all those changes on the newer version?

Thanks,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

if you are copying the views, than you have to adjust the views manually again. If you are using the SAP HANA Live Extension Assistant (with all its limitations) to extend query/reuse views, changes like new attributes are "visible" automatically in the extension views.

Regards,

Florian

0 Kudos

Thanks for the details Florian.

I am having issues with the Extension Assistant. We have installed extension assistant. In Hana studio, When i right click any live view  option "Extend View" is enabled. When clicked on it, it remains blank as if nothing done.

Raised an incident with SAP and they replied saying that Extension assistant is supported only from SPS11 (note 1778607) . Am i understanding it correct that Extension assistant is not supported for SPS10?

Thanks,

Venkat

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The HANA Live Extension Assistant is supported since SPS08 (Installing SAP HANA Live Extension Assistant - SAP HANA Live Extension Assistant - SAP Library), but it is always recommended to update to a newer version.

Regards,

Florian