cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch detail analysis in the alerts generated doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm working on Solution Manager to configure Business Process Monitoring. For the alerts that are generated for the monitored key figures i cannot get to the details for the alerts in the managed system i.e ECC Production System. I can log into ECC but the portal is empty. It doesn't show any details. Is this an authorization issue( as it is a production server) or a configuration issue?

Kindly help me to get through this!

Thanks,

Sandy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy

I faced similar issue before.

The solution may different depending on your SolMan SPs level.

In case your SolMan is SPs 14, apply latest version of Note 2204361.

In case your SolMan is  SPs 12-13, you may need SAP Note and some manual correction.

For example, Note 2109939, 2093006,2229529, 2093006, 2143610 are required (also apply pre-requisite notes if pre-requisite notes are not applied).

Also you may need to  fix alert detail definition template via T-CD  sm_urlfwk.

Chooase Template ALERT_DETAILS_ST.

And Check parameter  /SDF/AD~CONTEXTID   and /SDF/AD~METRICID.

In case of above sp, CONTEXTID have to be CONTEXT_ID and METRICID = METRICTYPE_ID. As of SP14, BPM_xxx is right definition. But not before SP14.

Also please check this template contain

~transaction?/SDF/AD-VALUE = METRIC_VALUE. If this is missing, you need to add this definition.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

0 Kudos

Hi Keiji

We are working to generate an details alert  link and we are able to generate the alert using the (ALERT_DETAILS_ST) to the managed system but the link is not taking us to the alert details and end up in the blank screen.

Can you please suggest where we need to look , if we are missing any steps or configuration to get the details in the managed system using the link ?

Please note we are on 7.1 SP13 and working to implement set of notes you suggested above using snote.

regards-Jaswant

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jaswant

Do you already update configuration of ALERT_DETAILS_ST ?

On top of SNOTE correction, you need to manually edit configuration as I mentioned below in case of SP13.

T-CD  sm_urlfwk.

>Chooase Template ALERT_DETAILS_ST.

>And Check parameter  /SDF/AD~CONTEXTID   and /SDF/AD~METRICID.

>In case of above sp, CONTEXTID have to be CONTEXT_ID and METRICID = METRICTYPE_ID.

>~transaction?/SDF/AD-VALUE = METRIC_VALUE. If this is missing, you need to add this definition.

Best Regards

Keiji Mishima

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions. The information you gave is very helpful to understand BPM well. Launch details analysis finally worked. In the beginning it didn't route to /SDN/AD but now it could. It just worked with out snotes applied.

Thanks,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keiji,

Thank you for the above information. Its very helpful. I have made request to the basis team to make the necessary snotes to be implemented. It should be done in couple of days.

I have few questions on the alert data. As we can see document level in ST13 for the KPI in ECC production system. Is it possible for us to see the same data, atleast the report data in the solution manager itself with out pointing to the productions system? Can we pull this data to the SolMan BW cubes?

Thanks,

Sandeep

keiji_mishima
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep.

Detail list that contains document data only exist in ERP side (managed system side), so SolMan does not have its information.

In case of Business Process Monitoring, SolMan only has measured value and alert rating. So alert cube in SolMan does not have document information.

Also in case of Business Process Analytics, it also aggregated measured value. So its cube also does not contains detail document information.

So in standard, only detail  document information is available in ECC side.

If you really want to get document information without accessing ECC detail list, the possible workaround is, by using notification Badi, access ERP detail list, and include required information in the e-mail. This requires some development in solman notification badi and also ERP side (function module to extract detail list that will be called within Badi).

Best Regards

Keiji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. I went into production system and ran the /sdf/ad t code. It took me to a screen where i see nothing to execute and doesn't take any input

The screen looks like this,

Do you know why it doesn't work?

Thanks,

Sandeep

ZhangMingquan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

If you check the URL, you could find it links to tcode /SDF/AD, so if the link does not work, please run the tcode in ECC manually.

Best Regards,

Mike Zhang