cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Plan at DMR severity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

How can we create a dynamicquality plan which can change with severity of DMR.

Eg. When DMR is at quality level Normal - Business want to test 3 Char A,B & C

When Level changes to Tighten - Business want to add more to it and would like to test A,B,C,D & E.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

As you are not really going to test the delta set of MIC's (Ex; D & E) during normal inspection, you need not directly extend them to your inspection plan. I think, along with the standard process for assigning DMR for MIC at different quality levels (based on standard inspection plan assignment), you may need to add Ad Hock MIC's (which are complete copy model) when your inspection Severity changes form NORMAL (Ex; 0001) to TIGHTENED  (Ex; 0002).

You can add a custom table like inspection plan + GrC + plant combination, and maintain the Ad hoc MIC's you may be willing to test, if your inspection stage reached "tightened" stage. After that you can explore the FM/BAPI: QEEB_UNPLANNED_CHARACTERISTIC to do the necessary job for you, following by reading this custom table and add the Ad Hoc MIC's, when such condition is met.

My understanding is that, as there is no initial Quality Level created for these MIC's linked to the inspection plan (like you are doing for MIC's A, B & C...), so you may not be in a position to track Quality Level for these MIC's. Hope this point may be clear to you.

Please do some testing across these proposals and let us know your observations.

Thanks,

Arijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arijit,

My understanding is inline with your recommendation

either we add MIC ad hockly  at time of  result recording directly (we can certainly add validations as recommended )  or we can create a big inspection plan with A,B,C,D,& E and mark them optional to do recording. Which means I can do recording what ever I want based on user discretion  ( again with validation as desired).

I was in look out for more standard approach.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is standard functionality.  When the DMR rule changes to a "reduced" stag, that stage can be also marked as a skip stage.  This is assigned at the characteristic level and the characteristic automatically becomes a SKIP.

For those MIC's that are done all the time, just don't add a DMR to those characteristics. Not every MIC needs to have a DMR assigned.

I'm not sure what you see as not being available? 

Craig

Answers (0)