cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc ORDERS05 -Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to create a sales order using the IDoc ORDERS05. The trading partner will send us only their external ship to number. And in our SAP system each ship to customer is linked with its own sold to number.  I would like to know if this scenario can be achieved by using partner type KU or LS? If yes how should I set up the EDPAR?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

These are two completely different things. EDPAR is to convert external partner numbers to internal (i.e. SAP) numbers. And types KU and LS you are referring to occur in the partner profile context.

There are tons of SCN posts on this and this scenario is covered in every single IDoc book. May I recommend mine? It explains all these points.

If for some reason you don't feel like investing in literature then kindly do some Google search and then come back with more specific question. SCN is not a replacement for training or consulting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena

Thanks for your comment. I understand the EDPAR  and other settings in ECC. However I am not clear about how to set up the partner type and EDPAR if the customer only send external ship to code. If it is only for a single sold to number under this customer I can map that as KU and then include relevant EDPAR entry for the system to find the internal sold to number & ship to. But in my case this customer has 26 sold to customers in SAP

So when we get the 850 with just external ship to number, my system should be able to find the internal ship to customer through EDPAR and also find relevant sold to of that ship to.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure I'm clear on this... Are you saying you have 26 Sold-to customers for the same Ship-to? Why?

The EDI interface works, essentially, the same way as VA01, it's just an automated process. So you might as well ask yourself how a sales rep would enter an order in VA01 with having only a Ship-to number. The same logic would work for the interface. If there is no logic and it's like "oh, we just look at the description and take the best guess" then it's just not going to work in an interface, I'm afraid.

Also keep in mind that EDI middleware will need to fill in the partner in the control record and it's usually a Sold-to. So if there indeed is some kind of logic to assign Sold-to based on Ship-to then it may need to be applied there and not necessarily in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure I'm clear on this... Are you saying you have 26 Sold-to customers for the same Ship-to? Why?

No. Our ship to customers may or may not have same sold to. We are planning to do EDI with one of our trade partner and in SAP system for this trading partner we have multiple Sold to and ship to accounts. When this trading partner send us 850, we only receive ext. ship to code. Using this code in EDPAR i can find the internal ship to. But I am not clear how to derive the right Sold to number in SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe I am not explaining it correctly. So I want to give one more try.

The customer (trading partner) is sending only the external ship to identifier in the inbound IDOC. We have multiple sold to customers under this trading partner in our SAP system. One sold to customer may have multiple ship to customer account's but a shipto customer to Sold combination is unique.

Option 1 - If I go with the KU option, I don't have the right sold to numberr to populate in SNDPRN. So with only the external ship to identifier in KA1 segment, my IDOC is failing.

Option -2 - If I go with the LS route, my guess is that it will work only if the customer is sending both AG and WE information in KA1 segement. Correct me if that's not right?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where do you see SNDPRN in EDPAR table? I feel we are back to the confusion between EDPAR and the IDoc control record. (Clearly you are in dire need of my book. )

Control record needs to be filled in by the EDI subsystem. Partner needs to match partner profile in WE20. For EDI transmission we use KU (customer) type and set up a profile for every customer (Sold-to).

Not sure how your EDI translator handles this but we actually need to tell our EDI service provider every time we add a new Sold-to. We also have EDI orders with several companies that may have multiple Sold-to/Ship-to. The customers usually send is a DUNS number that corresponds to the Sold-to account in SAP. We then tell our EDI provider - hey, this is new DUNS # for Company X, here is the respective Sold-to account in SAP. Then they put that SAP Sold-to account into both IDoc control record and E1EDKA1 segment with AG (=SP = Sold-to) qualifier. (Each Company also has their own EDI mapping, so it's never a completely generic process.)

EDPAR table only comes into play when mapping the numbers in E1EDKA1 segment. You use it simply to map the external number (i.e. what customer gave you) to the internal (i.e. SAP KUNNR). There is no way to set any dependencies there, it's just one number vs. the other. If you can only have a unique combination of Ship-to / Sold-to then it's obvious that you just need to check which Sold-to the Ship-to partner is assigned to and then fill in that account number for Sold-to function.

This post explains the EDPAR set up a bit more.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Control record needs to be filled in by the EDI subsystem. Partner needs to match partner profile in WE20. For EDI transmission we use KU (customer) type and set up a profile for every customer (Sold-to).

Agree. But the trading partner with whom we want to set up EDI would not send us Sold to information. The only information we will get from them is the external ship to code.  I tested in WE19  putting Logical system  in the Sender partner no in control record and  external ship to code in LIFNR of WE in E1EDKA1.

When I process the IDOC in background I get error message "No customer could be found".

Not sure how your EDI translator handles this but we actually need to tell our EDI service provider every time we add a new Sold-to.  We also have EDI orders with several companies that may have multiple Sold-to/Ship-to. The customers usually send is a DUNS number that corresponds to the Sold-to account in SAP. We then tell our EDI provider - hey, this is new DUNS # for Company X, here is the respective Sold-to account in SAP. Then they put that SAP Sold-to account into both IDoc control record and E1EDKA1 segment with AG (=SP = Sold-to) qualifier. (Each Company also has their own EDI mapping, so it's never a completely generic process.)

Our trading partner does not send us any information related to sold to.  We will receive only external ship to code in E1EDKA1 - LIFNR for WE.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again - the IDoc control record must be filled in by the EDI subsystem. Some of our trading partners also do not send us Sold-to, only Ship-to. The EDI subsystem (=translator) identifies the Sold-to account based on the Ship-to location. You've mentioned it was a unique combination in your environment, so shouldn't be an issue.

To my knowledge, in EDI scenarios, there is no way to map the control record partner on the SAP side. But I've never had such problem because it's always been done in the EDI subsystem in the projects I worked on.

Have you discussed this with your EDI integrator or, if you maintain mapping yourself, have you checked what is available in the EDI subsystem? Otherwise you might want to hire a consultant that specializes in EDI. There is only that much you can get for free from SCN.

mathieu_chenot
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

well yes this will work with KU as soon as the IDOC is created correctly (meaning the ship to in partner number).

Is there any middleware between your system and the partner ?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

Yes we do have middleware. Can you please explain the steps i have to do in ECC?