0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I am having SPS update with SUM

source - JAVA NW7.0 SPS18

Target -JAVA NW7.0 SPS33

all prechecks and uptime phases passed succesfully

during downtime execution I get below error for one path of comp KM-CM

6/07/29 15:03:45 - start-up mode is lazy

16/07/29 15:03:45 - EAR file updated successfully for 143ms.

16/07/29 15:03:45 - Start deploying ...

16/07/29 15:03:47 - EAR file uploaded to server for 820ms.

16/07/29 15:03:48 - ERROR: Not deployed. Deploy Service returned ERROR:

java.rmi.RemoteException: Cannot deploy application sap.com/tc~kmc~km.appl.srv.index~idxws~ear..

Reason: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/tc~kmc~km.appl.srv.index~idxws~ear in container EJBContainer.; nested exception is:

com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/tc~kmc~km.appl.srv.index~idxws~ear in container EJBContainer.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:576)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.dispatch(DeployServiceImplp4_Skel.java:1555)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:337)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:201)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.server.P4SessionProcessor.request(P4SessionProcessor.java:137)

at com.sap.engine.core.service630.context.cluster.session.ApplicationSessionMessageListener.process(ApplicationSessionMessageListener.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.core.cluster.impl6.session.MessageRunner.run(MessageRunner.java:41)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.ActionObject.run(ActionObject.java:37)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.execute(SingleThread.java:104)

at com.sap.engine.core.thread.impl3.SingleThread.run(SingleThread.java:176)

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.exceptions.ServerDeploymentException: Exception during generation of components of application sap.com/tc~kmc~km.appl.srv.index~idxws~ear in container EJBContainer.

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:623)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeployUtilTransaction.commonBegin(DeployUtilTransaction.java:325)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.begin(DeploymentTransaction.java:309)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhasesOnOneServer(ApplicationTransaction.java:292)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.ApplicationTransaction.makeAllPhases(ApplicationTransaction.java:326)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.makeGlobalTransaction(DeployServiceImpl.java:3245)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.DeployServiceImpl.deploy(DeployServiceImpl.java:561)

... 10 more

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/netweaver/bc/rf/ws/exception/InvalidParameterException

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1719)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructors(Class.java:930)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.BeanClassCheck.check(BeanClassCheck.java:33)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.session.SessionBeanCheck.check(SessionBeanCheck.java:51)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.Verifier.checkBean(Verifier.java:82)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.verifier.Verifier.check(Verifier.java:46)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.deploy.DeployAdmin.generate(DeployAdmin.java:254)

at com.sap.engine.services.ejb.EJBAdmin.deploy(EJBAdmin.java:2167)

at com.sap.engine.services.deploy.server.application.DeploymentTransaction.makeComponents(DeploymentTransaction.java:608)

... 16 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.netweaver.bc.rf.ws.exception.InvalidParameterException

------------------------- Loader Info -------------------------

ClassLoader name: [Deployment:Runtime:sap.com/tc~kmc~km.appl.srv.index~idxws~ear]

- I already tried to do it in force mode but no luck ..anybody has any other idea ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

is your java system is coming up?

if your java system is not up , then try to bring the java system and try to redploy the component again.

and then give a retry.

1793889 - Knowledge Management is flagged as "Failed to start"

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey Ashutosh

Thanks for reply

now I tried restart of cluster and also force deploy - no help

the note you posted seems more for 7.3

I am on JAVA 7.0

SAP with slow response provided 1794174 ...not useful as my component does not show up to be undeployed first

sap.com/tc/kmc/km/appl/srv/index/idxws/ear

Do you or anyone has any more clue .I am suing SUM and middle of execution phase

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Can you please share the component list of your java system.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

I think you should focus on the "Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sap/netweaver/bc/rf/ws/exception/InvalidParameterException".

Could you please advise what is the patch level of SAP J2EE ENGINE CORE component?

If it is below patch 3, stop the current deployment, apply the latest patch of SAP J2EE ENGINE CORE on SP18 and all the dependent components then start the upgrade to SP33 again.

Check note 271266 - NoClassDefFoundError during/after online deployment/upgrade for further information about the bug.

I hope it helps,

Emoke

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have resolved this and my patching has finished

the interesting piece of information

SAP said there is some bug and to follow the note and do sps19 first and then sps33

SAP Note 1271266

This is hard to buy since as SAP patches are cumulative

I was in downtime and the solution I used was

I updated all my KM patches ( only KM not all patches) to sp19 and then used SUM

I though suspect though it is more of KM patches than sp19

I found SDM still more useful than SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

What is the source and target patch release for the KMC-BC component for this upgrade?

Thanks,

Manas

Former Member
0 Kudos

KMC-KM

sps update from 18 to 33