cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity Check on Storage Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to setup 2 storage types, one for PICKING and two for RACK.

I also want to identify a Maximum of quantity on Storage Type level without using Fixed Bins.

Anything above that quantity should go to RACK and we will replenish the products from RACK to PICKING.

I heard about Capacity check, but is this something we can use on Storage Type Level?

If no, are there any other paramaters to work with in WM.

PS: Not EWM, I want this in WM.

Thanks for your support already

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Per storage type you decide which kind of capacity check will be used.

This decision is valid for all bins in a storage type.

The available capacity is defined at bin level.

The capacity usage in the material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I confuse the available capacity that is set on Storage Type with the total capacity of Bins.

For example:

If I allow 1000 x in Storage Type

And my bins in that Storage Type can only have 100 x (based on LE quantity set in MM)

Will I get 10 bins for this Material? And will all the remaining +1001 units go to RACK (based on storage strategy)?

Or what will SAP do..?

Regards,
Erti

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you did not have any training yet?

WM is extremely flexible and all standard scenarios can be accomplished with customizing.

When you talk about storage type in your latest reply I guess you are talking about the view in the material master, which is in general only needed in case of a fixed bin.

But the strength of a WM is managing chaotic storage by finding the right place with enough capacity based on strategies and capacity checks.

For all these normal scenarios you do not need this storage type view at all in the material master.

Please take your time and go through the documentation in help.sap.com: Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library