cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.40 (AEX) Problem Idoc -> File Transfer after changes in Idoc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

we have following problem: After adding a new segment to an ERP Idoc, we can't send the new segment in the xml-file to the receiver ftp server.

I had done the following things:

- Reimport the idoc with the new segment and field

- Add the new segment and field in the message mapping to the target message and activated the changes

- Reload the idoc metadata in PI

- refresh/delete the caches

- restart the PI

- tested the operational mapping and message mapping

Our problem in detail:

In the first message version, which comes from the ERP system, the payload has the new segment and the new field.

In the second message version, which is sending to the receiver ftp server as a xml-file, the payload hasn't the new segment and the new field.

Has anybody an idea, what the problem is?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Steffi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stephanie,

looks like you have forgotten to update the receiver interface or forgotten to change the opreation/ message mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jacob,

no, I hadn't forgotten to change the mappings.

I have the solution now.

There was a permission problem to a system user.

Although thanks for your helps @all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @all,   

thanks for your replies.

In my first post, I had written, that the Idoc metadata are reloaded in the Adapter Engine.

There is the new segment available.

I think, the problem is with the mapping cache.

We had deleted all caches yesterday.

But the problem is the same.

Regards,

Steffi

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephanie,

In the first message version, which comes from the ERP system, the payload has the new segment and the new field.

In the second message version, which is sending to the receiver ftp server as a xml-file, the payload hasn't the new segment and the new field.

What I understand is in PI Monitoring, you see the message and when you click on Open Message, the 1st version of the message has the Additional Segment / Field while the 2nd version does not.

The version 2 typically contains the payload after the mapping. If yes, have you taken the input payload from version 1 and executed the mapping ( Operation Mapping to be precise) in the ESR? Does the mapping get executed and the output contains the additional field?

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephanie,

Check your Adapter metadata repository whether new segment is added or not . If its not then reload the metadata.

Even if after that you face the issue then I guess there us some problem in your mapping which is not creating the target xml properly.

Thanks,

Apu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this...

Go to your PI ECC system>> Tcode- IDX2

and delete your IDOC type (or may be extension if you have any) from there. and try sending the IDOC again....

Hope this will help !

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

the second idoc is populated with the new custom segment in ECC? Also chek if the metadata has the custom segment in Message Metadata of IDOC monitoring after second idoc run.

regards,

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

firtst, thanks for your reply.

I don't know what do you mean.

We send an Idoc from ECC via PI-System as a xml-File to a ftp-server.

I had reload the metadata for the Idoc, which comes from the ECC.

I found the metadata for the Idoc only for the communication channel, which is used for sending from ECC system.

former_member237514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi S B,

In monitoring level we have one option like IDOC monitoring .

In that we cane able to see message monitor and metadata monitor.

In Metadata monitor we need to just re import the metadata.

Thanks

Kavitha

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steffi,

If you are using AEX (Single stack) then your metadata will be available in

NWA--> SOA --> Monitoring --> IDOC Adatper monitoring --> tab (Meta data monitor)

Select the relevant message type and check the metadata.

regards,

Harish