cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP VAR - Direct forward to SAP

0 Kudos

Hi,

I’m knew with Solman customising (I’m BASIS consultant). I have a requirement from a company that has some clients connected to its Solman, where VAR configuration was made.

Now they need for one specific client to forward all the tickets from its productive system directly to SAP (no matter the hour, etc.). The same with the response from SAP, it should go directly to the client user.

The scenery should be:

User from client A generates a ticket --> the current attention workflow is executed (no change required)

User from client B generates a ticket --> if the system is productive then the tickets goes directly to SAP OSS, and the response from SAP goes to the client B.

Could you please tell me if its possible, and if yes, give me a little help to find the way.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Diego.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TomCenens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego

That sound kinda wrong from a VAR perspective . The purpose of a VAR contract is that the VAR partner should review such tickets, try to solve them and if they cannot solve them, send them over to SAP. Immediately pushing the ticket through to SAP completely annihilates that process, the purpose of the VAR program.

That being said, getting this to work with as little coding as possible:

Different logic for different clients could be solved using different transaction types. So if you create transaction type ZMIN for client A and YMIN for client B and assign authorizations for ZMIN to end-user of client A only and authorizations for YMIN for client B only you have separate flows / configuration like you would want them to be.

Only executing the send to SAP action could be solved using a custom condition where you check for which system (for example ~SAP System ID or iBase component is something you can use/abuse in such a condition) the incident is created. So you would basically trigger the send to SAP action automatically if the start condition is met. I don't directly see a system role as an attribute that you can use there so you might have to go creative there to some extent ~ might be easier to just list the systems and use "is part of" as sign between them instead of equals.

Almost anything is possible with SAP, I tend to say when customers ask me "is this possible". It's more a matter of does it make sense, what is the effort to do this etc. I would avoid custom code if possible and feasible without too much trouble.

Best regards

Tom

0 Kudos

Hi Tom

Thank you very much. I'm going to try duplicate the flows and let you know.

Regarding the response from SAP, it would be transparent, right? The response arrives to the user

that creates the tiket if there is no intermediate step in the flow.

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Diego

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You can consider to maintain short calling hours for this customer in transaction BP (but can't separate development/test/production).

If you want the reply from SAP to be directly routed to the reporting key user, instead of to the processor, implement SAP Note 1798126.

Regards,

Ning

0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

thank you very much for your response.

I've read the sap note, it's useful but if I'm not wrong it applies for all customers, not just one specific.

Kind Regards,

Diego.

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

Yes, I agree with you.

Regards,

Ning