cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create inspection lot in ERP

0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I am trying to replicate a business case, based on a user requirement to have inspection lot created against inbound delivery, for process order, from EWM. This is what i am trying to do:

1 – Process order created in ERP.

2 – Pull process order in EWM. Create EGR in EWM, into QI stock.

3 – Post GR is EWM followed by putaway, into QI stock.

4 – Create inbound delivery against EWM EGR document, in EWM. This creates an inbound delivery and replicates the same to ERP.

Requirement – at the time the inbound delivery is replicated in ERP, an inspection lot should also be created, in ERP. I have checked the material master setting, in ERP and the inspection type is correctly set to 17 - "Inspection from External System".

I am not sure what I am missing but at the time the inbound delivery gets replicated into ERP, i do not have the inspection lot created, automatically. Can anyone please help.

Kind Regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"3 – Post GR is EWM followed by putaway, into QI stock.

4 – Create inbound delivery against EWM EGR document, in EWM"

That sequence I do not understand. From the EGR you create the delivery. In that one you post the GR. There is a new RF process which allows you to automize that, but still the sequence is the same (or the other way than you describe).

"at the time the inbound delivery is replicated in ERP, an inspection lot should also be created, in ERP"

The inspection lot in ERP is only created after the GR. And of course you need a QIE inspection document for that as well. As this actually triggers the inspection lot in ERP.

In case you want to do a check before GR, there is a presampling process available ( Presampling in Production - Quality Management (QM) - SAP Library), but this works a little bit different.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

Thanks for the prompt reply. After updating the QIE config for presampling, i got what i wanted. I had to add the number range assignment, post which it got fixed.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Sanjay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check at the time when you created Inbound delivery from EGR and posted GR in EWM that time there should have been an inspection document created in EWM which sends message to ECC to created inspection lot in ECC.

You can check your settings which are relevant for QIE set up in EWM and some basic settings to work with EWM QIE and ECC QM there need to be activated some BC Sets, please check if those are activated.

BR
Anoop S

0 Kudos

Anoop,

Yes with the config as suggested by Juergen, the QIE config generated an EWM inspection lot which got replicated to ECC with IL origin 17.

Thanks,
sanjay