Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

up-gradation from sap PI 7.1 to SAP HANA

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are planning to upgrade SAP PI 7.1 Dual stack to SAP HANA. I have few doubts regarding this.

1.what will be the impact if up-gradation happen from 7.1 to HANA and what will be the procedure for up-gradation.

2.can we have SAP HANA with dual stack?

3.we have ccBPM's in current version, so we need to create NWBPM's again from starting instead of ccBPM's?

4.if suppose, the up-gradation  happens only for source SAP system's not in PI. is there any impact on PI?

could you please let me know what are all the precautions need to take for the same.

Regards,

Janardhan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HANA in SAP world these days means multiple things,

• SAP Suite Running on a HANA DB - ECC on HANA DB
  • SAP S/4 HANA
  • PI on a HANA DB

I will assume that you are looking at PI 7.1 upgrade to a PI on a HANA DB. If yes, couple of pointers,

• PI supports classical RDBMS DB and a SAP HANA DB from 7.4 onwards
  • So,if your decision is to run PI on HANA, then you will be upgrading to PI 7.4 or a higher version ( PI 7.5 )
  • From a Application perspective, there is no difference between PI on a HANA DB or PI on a Classical DB.
  • Considering you are looking at going to PI 7.4 on a HANA DB, you cannot do a inline upgrade as your current DB will be a normal RDMBS ( MS, Oracle, MaxDB etc ). You will need to do a migration of Interfaces.
  • If you are looking to go from a Dual Stack to a Dual Stack ( 7.5 will require a Dual Stack Spilit, 7.4 will not ), your scenarios can be migrated as-is or they can be migrated to ICO. For ccBPM based scenarios, you will need to continue to use a ccBPM or do a redesign.
  • If you are performing a Dual Stack to a Single Stack PI, then your BPM will need a redesign or need a redevelopment ( if PO license is available ).

Do a SCN search on PI to PO Migrations and you will find multiple articles on the same!

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh,

Thank you so much for this information. Just confusion on CCBPM's. so if i go for dual stack automatically ccbpm's also will migrate with out any changes or impact?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dual stack to dual stack - no impact on your ccBPM.

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Bhavesh,

It's really helpful for me for the analysis.

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also told the same thing Jana.:)

for dual stack you can use the Same CCBPMs.

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

I need to check one more thing, if suppose the up-gradation happens only in ECC side,not in PI level.in this case it will create any impact in PI?

Regards,

Janardhan

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh/Raghu

Just to elaborate my question..

Assume that PI will run on classical DB and ECC will run on HANA DB. so the message flow will be remains same or any impact?

Regards,

janardhan

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • For ECC to run on a HANA DB, is there a Ehp upgrade being done or is the urgent ehp going to remain as is.
  • if no ehp upgrade on ECC, then no impact on PI.
  • if ehp upgrade done on ECC to migrate to HANA DB, a upgrade dependcy analyser would be run on Service market place to check if your PI version is compatible with your ECC version.
former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Guess Bhavesh gave you the answer,

If no EHP upgrade no need to do any changes.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks you both for your inputs.

Regards,

Janardhan

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you migrating SAP PI with Hana as DB or SAP ECC with Hana DB?

If you install dual stack you can use CCBPM else NWBPM should be used.

former_member232455
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Raghu,

Those things are still in discussion. could you please tell me what will the impact if both systems are migrating or PI system will not migrate(keep it as same version).

Again we need to create ccBPM manually if we install dual stack?

Regards,

Janardhan

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Janardhan,

For ECC Migraiton check the below link

If your migrating to higher version of PI with dual stack you can migrate CCBPM scenarios no need to re-create.