Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Report unable to generate

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to enable EWA report for a system (Portal- NW 7.0) but this system is on a Cluster so my DAA agents are installed on the two systems but as there is a virtual name for the cluster it is showing as no agent, as I am not sure how to install agent on a virtual name. Because of this EWA is not showing green for the system and I am unable to setup the report generation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bharathyp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I am to understand correctly I have to use Agents on the fly setup?

Because mine is more like Cluster, which means DB is running on one box and the diag is running on the other box, so both are active.

From my understanding agent on the fly will run on only either one system at any time.. is that right?

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you have to use Agent on the Fly option in Step 5 "Enter System Parameters" but remember to reconfirm if you have done SMD Agents installation as mentioned "Without Specifying Logical HostNames".

Thanks,

Manish

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check section for how to proceed with SMD Agent installation & setup in HA Availability environment.

Installation Strategy in an High Availability context

Diagnostics Agent and HA Support - SAP Solution Manager Setup - SCN Wiki

Since you have done SMD Agent using physical host name on both hosts then you have to run setup steps for both physical hosts.

Thanks,

Manish