cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interface to external website

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a client requirement. We have recently installed XI. Our first reqmnt in company is to interface with external job board. The aim is to send the job description to the job site. The structure is a word document. this document then wud have a link to out companys erecruitment portal. can anyone tell me wat all steps i need to follow?

do i need to set up the integration directory and the process engine?

wat all wud i need frm the job board?

wat is the role of WSDL?

please advise,

thanks,

Hitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

manish_bhalla2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hitesh,

You should first check if the external job site has any APIs/Webservices that you can call directly from XI. If yes, you might want to use those rather than a File transfer?

If you have to send a Word Document, then the easiest way would be to use the File Adapter to write (and FTP) a file to the job site server. This can have all the content you need. For further info on how to use the File Adapter, check this URL

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0b/9a50465ccf84479e39a6d50c90fb3f/frameset.htm

You will need to do all the standard config in the Int repository and directory. Whether you need to use the BPEngine depends on how you plan to collate the data for your document. There is more than enough material available all around SDN to help you get started.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish and Michal for your quick response.

The problem is this is my first hands on experience with SAP, so spare me if m naive. Lets says if i get the XML schem from them? then what is the case? is XML schema same as WSDL?

also do i need to configure abap proxy or something?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>The problem is this is my first hands on experience with SAP, so spare me if m naive. Lets says if i get the XML schem from them? then what is the case? is XML schema same as WSDL?

also do i need to configure abap proxy or something?

no XML schema is not enough - you need a WSLD to call via WS

>>>>also do i need to configure abap proxy or something?

depends on who you want to send those jobs

if you want to create a report in ERP from which you will

be able to post those jobs you can use an ABAP proxy

BTW

WSLD and XML (schema etc) are not SAP terms - they are standards

XI just uses standards

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

We have erecruitment. Once we create a job posting and select the posting channel as the external website then the background process triggers, so the user does not want to do nothing, the job postings that are smartforms then shud be send to the site. now before this it was done manually using mail. now they have got XI. I want to know wat all scenarios are possible. if they have a WSDL, wud it be possible for me to send a word document also to them?

please suggest,

thanks again,

HM

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>The structure is a word document.

if you need to send a word doc - you can use

sap conversion agent

>>>>do i need to set up the integration directory and the process engine?

yes

>>>>wat is the role of WSDL?

if your job portal allows to use web services you can call

the web serfvice if you get a WSLD file

(you can import WSLD file into XI and call

a web service which can post the job description to

that external portal)

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>