cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI incoming sales orders ignore warning messages

former_member786571
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Standard SAP ignores warning messages for incoming sales orders via EDI (IDOC).

If you enter manually salesorders via VA01 then you can have several warning messages such as for example:  Double Purchase order number. EDI however ignores those.

Does anyone have experience how to see such messages without stopping the automatic creation of the salesorder?

Thanks Luc

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not "missing functionality", it's not feasible functionality. Not just in SAP but in any interface in general. These are warnings, not errors. Who would see the warning messages when the orders are created automatically? There are no warnings because there is no intelligent human being available to make a decision right there on the spot in the middle of the process. It's either pass or fail.

I'm really confused what could possibly be expected from the system in this scenario. Just think for a moment. Let's say there is a warning. What would you like to happen with the IDoc? Status 51? Ok, you have an error, so someone will need to go and re-process the IDoc. Now, of course, the system has no recollection whatsoever that a warning was displayed previously, so the IDoc will just get status 51 again. How would you design a warning message in an IDoc interface?

There are user exits available where you can run similar checks (e.g. for duplicate PO) and either trigger an error message (no sales order will be created) or put some kind of a block or whatever.

former_member786571
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Jelena

OK we understand SAP does  not consider this as a required functionality and if we require it we will have to ABAP it.

However for our company it is.

We sell rather expensive medical products. Our EDI orders get Always a delivery block which is removed by a human being after some checks.  For example, we don't want that one customer takes a way all our stock for a particular product.

So, for us it would make sense that there would be a mark in the order that there is a warning message (but the order still would be created) and then we can read it before remove the delivery block.

I will close the ticket.

Rgs Luc

kishorp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Luc,

One option I can think of is add in a custom logic to park an IDoc (status 64) when duplicate PO is encountered. The logic should be added as an enhancement in the IDoc processing program as an enhancement. This option will not create a sales order in case of duplicate PO's.

However, the user can later on reprocess the IDoc, based on the requirement.

Thanks,

Kishor

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Luc, I'm sorry but you seem to keep changing the story here. The original post was regarding the order creation. And I explained (quite clearly IMHO) why warning messages for the interfaces make no sense because there is no one to see them. The EDI orders cannot follow the same exact process as the orders entered in VA01 because there is no person entering them and making decisions. It's not some kind of SAP deficiency as you seem to be suggesting, it's just common sense.

But now you're saying your EDI orders get a delivery block and you want some kind of a messages while removing the block (which would be VA02). So which one is it? These are two different scenarios. Kindly be more specific when posting questions on SCN.

Anyway, in both cases you can do some ABAP to adjust the behavior based on the business requirement. And no, it's not an "enhancement in the IDoc processing program", as mentioned above, there are designated user exits for this. But first you need to have some kind of logic in the requirements and that seems to be missing so far.

former_member786571
Discoverer
0 Kudos

As I mentioned in my previous reply, the answers are sufficient  and I want to close the communication.

But I don't find at button for that.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Luc,

You can create another Idoc (test/dummy Idoc) using through WE19 further you can execute it through BD87 in foreground. while executing foreground you will come to know all messages which occur while sale order creation.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma.

former_member786571
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the reply.

But this would be a manual action.

We can not ask the user to do that for each single EDI order.

Question is if this missing functionality is for nobody a problem?

After all manual entered orders or EDI orders should be handled in the same way.

If  a warning message is for important during manual order entry, then it is also for EDI orders.

If not, then it should not be a warning message.

Rgs Luc

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EDI process will not handle pop-ups in background which is a standard functionality.  Only through the status of the IDoc, you can identify what exactly the issue is.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luc,

If  a warning message is for important during manual order entry, then it is also for EDI orders.

If not, then it should not be a warning message.

This is a business rule.  Did this rule come from the client? 

Question is if this missing functionality is for nobody a problem?

You should be asking your client if this is a problem, not us.  Nobody else matters.

Best Regards,

DB49