Did you mean: 

SAP Afaria Trial License

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Few questions:

1. For SAP Afaria 7.0 / SP16, is there a trial license which can be used for 30 days?? If yes, where can I get it. From the 7.0 download I see the trial license file but its expired on 2013.

2. If I am planning to install SP16, do I still need to install Afaria 7.0 and then upgrade it to SP16, or can I directly start with SP16??

hope to get some quick answers.

Regards,

Nagesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagesh,

Greetings!!

Unfortunately, we don't have a free trial version for SAP Afaria On-Premise however SAP Mobile Secure cloud trial version is available. Take a look at this link: http://go.sap.com/india/product/technology-platform/afaria-mobile-device-management.item_0.html

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

nageshcaparthy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sushmitha,

Thanks for the reply.

I am looking for On-Premise only. Will look out for a license from customer. Can you suggest where to generate the license from??

Any inputs on my second Question?

Regards,

Nagesh

rakshit_doshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Please see response for your queries

1.For SAP Afaria 7.0 / SP16, is there a trial license which can be used for 30 days?? If yes, where can I get it. From the 7.0 download I see the trial license file but its expired on 2013 - As susmitha said, you can get a trial cloud account. To get a trial license for on premise, you can log in to support.sap.com with a valid customer id and if customer has subscribed to SAP Mobile Solutions package with SAP and procured license, they will be able to see this component under their SAP User ID. You can create a system over there and generate a license key for development or production system (Development license key will be valid for one year) and then during installation use this key.

2. If I am planning to install SP16, do I still need to install Afaria 7.0 and then upgrade it to SP16, or can I directly start with SP16?? - SP16 is the service pack version on top of base version of Afaria 7.0. To upgrade to any service pack you ahve install the base version of Afaria. Do check the prerequisites or release notes for the Service Pack before directly upgrading as not all service packs can directly be installed on base version but it requires a minimum service pack on top of which it can be applied. So install the service packs accordingly

Hope this drives you in a correct path.

Thanks,

Rakshit Doshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nagesh,

1. If you check the same link SAP Afaria | On Premise Mobile Device Management MDM you can see the SAP Afaria On-Prem Licensing tab and the details relating to the price of the product.

Process of getting the license key generated for this product is - first buy the product from SAP Store go.sap.com(the above link) and once the product is bought you will receive an email to download the product software in SAP Support Launchpad https://launchpad.support.sap.com/. Login with S-User ID to the launchpad, we have an option on the homescreen as "License Keys on Premise" for the product. Here, we can generate the permanent license key.

2. If you would like to opt fresh installation of SAP Afaria 7.0 SP16, we can directly install SP16 version. Here is the list of supported upgrade paths for various versions in SAP Afaria 7.0 https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2338319

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Sushmitha

Answers (0)