cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offline mode and push in Work Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

a Customer is using Workmanager 6.1 running on SMP3 SP8PL01 using Agentry Client 70.10.6.25 on Android.

On ocation users are not receiving Push notifications.

I know there is a feature "go ofline" in the main menu. but i'm unable to find any documentation on how this feature works.

I've done some tests:

- When manually setting the client in offline mode: the user does not receive push notifications.

- When switching between 4G/Wifi or setting the client in airplane mode, the client switches to offline mode on a couple of occations. (not every time)

- When killing the connection during sync (error14) the client does not switch to offline mode.

Question 1

So it's still not clear when the client switches to offline mode. There seems to be no connection between the Device Connection status and the Agentry client Offline/online status. Can someone clarify this?

Question 2

I've found a automaticaly reconnect setting in the transmit configuration. But this does not seem to work for above mentioned client "Offline mode"

Is this overruled by some .ini or Configpanel setting? I'm not able to find this.

Thanks in advanced for your help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The automatically reconnect only works while the client thinks it was online but has lost the connection.   Once the client goes to offline mode it stays offline until a successful transmit re-establishes the connection.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it the pop up for this feature as designed? So does the "try to reconnect setting" always give a pop up that needs to be confirmed by the user?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Giel,

when user clicks on go offline from Agentry client then the connection between Agentry client and SMP gets disconnected. this status can be check in Management cockpit and no matter you set the value for "attempt to work online" on Agentry client.

"Attempt to work online" works only if your device is connected to SMP(you have not clicked on go offline option from Agentry Client) and due to some reason tech lost his internet connection.

Hope this makes you clear.

Thanks

Ajitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that clarifies question 2.

regarding the "go ofline" featue": do you know when this is triggered by the client? (without user interaction?) and/or if it is possible to trigger this by a rule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No its not possible to trigger by rule and without user interaction the application will not go to offline mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

that's strange. When I tested switching between 4g and wifi the app did go into offline mode automatically a couple of times. so you are saying this is not normal behaviour?

Former Member
0 Kudos

User interaction meant as long as user has not clicked on go offline or disconnect the user from Management cockpit.

If you swap the internet connection on your device then the connection between Agentry client and SMP will get lost for some time and this is standard behavior. In this case if you have configured "Attempt to work online" then it will wait for configured value time and then will try to connect to the server.

As i can see you have configured this value to 15min so, it will wait 15 min and than will try to connect to the server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tested it and it indeed tries to reconnect when the connection is re-established. 

But the client swiches to offline mode automatically. Without user interaction, when the device 4g/wifi is disconnected. Right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, in that case it will get disconnected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing that i've found out.:

1. When device connection gets disconnected.

2. Agentry Client goes into offline mode.

3. After one minute the "Attempt to work online" setting gives a popup to connect

This switches the Agentry client status to Online, even If the Device Connection is disconnected

4. When the device connection is re-established at this point. the user still does not receive push messages. Because SMP server has not received online status from client.

Do you know a solution to trigger the notification to SMP again?

Regards,

Giel

Former Member
0 Kudos

For #2 the client doesn't go into an off-line mode until all the Attempt to work online settings are done.  If have any rules that use the "ONLINE" function it would still return true at this point.

If I remember correctly there is a setting on the SAP side that can try to re-send the push messages @bill_froelich is this correct, and what setting was it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The push messages are sent over and over f. But the server has not received a ping from the client.

So the user does not receive it because the client is not connected to the server.

The logs show that SMP tries to resent it every 30 seconds.

O, 211, 23,1868, 08/23/2016 16:36:44,    ,     0,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

T, 211, 23,1868, 08/23/2016 16:36:44,    ,     0,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

F, 211, 23,1868, 08/23/2016 16:36:46,    ,     0,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

T, 218, 23,1810, 08/23/2016 16:36:25,    ,     6,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

W, 218, 23,1810, 08/23/2016 16:36:55,    ,     6,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

T, 218, 23,1810, 08/23/2016 16:36:55,    ,     6,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

W, 218, 23,1810, 08/23/2016 16:37:25,    ,     6,     0,    ruijscht, >unknown<

I've tried to use the /SYCLO/CORE_OTRIG_RETRY_PROG  but this does only gives more of these outbound messages.