Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Inbox 2.0

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys!

A customer wants to implement SAP Fiori My Inbox 2.0, they backend systems are on NW 7.00 (ECC 6.0 with no EHPs) and from what i've researched this is not an issue. My question is, if the backend is on NW 7.0x can i use a frontend based on NW 7.40? Or because of interoperability between NW GW components (IW_BEP, etc) i need to use a frontend based on NW 7.31?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Kind regards,

Martim.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martim,

Yes you can use a higher level frontend than backend server - and in fact this would be a strong recommendation for the use case you describe.

My Inbox is a little different from most Fiori apps, as all the implementation is in the Frontend Gateway Server...and it just calls the SAP Business Workflow in your backend. I'm assuming that you are only concerned with Business Workflow and not  BPM or other integration scenarios. All of the implementation details in the Fiori Apps Library for this particular app relate to the Frontend Server only.

As a rule of thumb for your Frontend Server you want to get the most recent version of SAP Gateway and the most recent version of Fiori My Inbox you can get your hands on.  This will give you the maximum capability regardless of your backend system/release/sp.  If you don't have a SAP Gateway server yet then start with the latest available (currently 7.50 SP3 at time of writing).

As is always recommended for Fiori, the SAP Gateway should be deployed in hub mode - i.e. as a separate ABAP server to your backend.  There are many reasons for this... but on your release definitely you will need your frontend to be at a much higher release/sp level than your backend.

You also want to pay careful attention to the list of note to be applied to your backend SAP_Basis system that is hosting your SAP Business Workflow... as you mention above this is ECC 6.0 currently. There are quite a few to apply.

You are also recommended to bookmark this document that is a collection of all the learnings around Fiori My Inbox

Rgds Jocelyn

martimmendes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn Dart

That was a wonderful response, i didn't know that this app was "Front End only". But i guess we still need to install IW_BEP 200 on satellite systems, right?

Yeah, our customer just wants the GW to be the central point for Workflows management using My Inbox among 2 ERP systems (HCM NW 7.00 & Financial NW 7.40) and 1 SRM system. So the idea is indeed use the Central Hub Deployment approach with 3 NW GW systems (DEV, QAS and PRD) and use Web Dispatcher inside the DMZ as reverse proxy since they will consume the App outside the Company network.

Also they want push notifications, does Fiori do the push notifications or do we need anything else?

Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Martim.