Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In IM52 total up is not possible

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. I am working on PS - IM integration scenario.

2. I maintained budget for investment program  as mentioned below

3. I created investment plan(1.420.000) in appropriation request.

4. I Wanted to update these(1.420.000) via change original budget i.e. IM52.

5. I am able to maintain, but system is not allowing to save and total up

6. TOTAL UP is in display mode but not in edit mode.

7. When i try to system is giving below this message

8. How i can save the im52, Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Issue resolved, after maintaining IM32

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Adithya, I am too late to reply,

You mentioned that press F9 (Total up). This total up field grayed out. This the main problem. If this total up field turn into edit my problem will resolve.

See my scren. Here total up became grayed out

For you, This field in edit mode, Hence you could total up.

Please check to resolve my problem

Thanks

venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hemu, you are going to need help from your BASIS/SAP Security support group so they can do a trace to determine which Authorization Object(s) are being checked and, with that information, they should analyze the Authorization Object(s) to see what Activity you are missing.

They should know how to do a trace for your user (e.g. ST03, STAUTHTRACE) and how to determine the Activities (e.g. SU24).

It definitely looks like your user's roles are missing authorization for this specific function.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemu,

I can understand the problem. The example I demonstrated works for WBS elements and now I am sure it will not work for Investment programs. There is a reason behind this.

System behavior:

The Investment program is central point where business decides what funds go where. Keeping this functionality in mind, business will always want their money first to allocate to the plan, and then distribute it to the activities that is part of that plan.

Current situation:

You have created an Investment program for FY 2016. This program has $5,000 allocated to it as an overall budget for entire year. Then you have assigned an appropriation request to a position under Investment program. As per the standard functionality and logic built in, system will allow you to distribute $5,000 to the appropriation request linked to the Investment program.

If you want additional $1.4 mn to be allocated to the appropriation request, you have to allocate that budget to your Investment program because that is your overall source of fund. Then only you will be able to distribute it to the specific position and then down to the appropriation request.

Hence, the reason why you don't have option to Total Up is it is not possible at all.

Please provide the required fund first in IM32 where you will have to assign $1.4 mn to the investment program and then total up. After that, execute IM52 where you will see $1.4 mn against grayed out line "1 1". Then after, you can distribute that fund to line item "2 1".

Hope this solves your issue.

Best Regards

Aditya

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Hemu,

this seems to be a BASIS/Security issue.. Can you check the same thing in your DEV box with SAP_ALL authorization and see if the total up comes up or not..

Cheers

Sammar

0 Kudos

Hello.

How you solve this issue?

Regards

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Maintain same value in IM32

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asides from what others have already stated, because the error message is pointing to an overall and year-specific inconsistency, first click on the [Annual Overview] pushbutton:

Then you should be able to make your overall amount match (and even 'Total Up') the whole structure.

Let us know if you were able to fix it.

Cheers,

Julio

Message was edited by: Julio Gomez

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Julio for your reply.

I tried it. it seemed not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see... so you are saying that even on the [Annual Overview] planning board you still see the "Total Up" grayed out? (By the way, if this is the case you will not see any authorization check errors on SU53 (as you cannot event click on it).

It looks like you are going to have to update the values in IM52, for the whole 'branch' on the [Annual Overview] planning board.

Something like:

L1 --> Add 1,400,000.00

L2 --> Add 1,400,000.00

L3 --> Add 1,400,000.00

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

What happened is

1. i created budget via im32

2.i planned the cost in appropriation request

3. than i open im52, where i can see values from im32, Here i tried to include planned cost of appropriation request as budget

4. After included, i tried to total up which i could not perform

and system giving error message on saving as shown screen shot

Thanks

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to increase the budget in IM32 first.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

It seems this also not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemu,

Here is the scenario for the Projects, but it will be same for the Inv. prog as well.

Let's do following activities sequentially.

1. You have maintained the budget at the Inv. prog.'s positions in IM32.

2. Now in IM52 for FY 2016, you want to maintain 1,400,000 at position C00004-02-01. So first select Period as "Overall" in IM52 and enter value 1,400,000 at position C00004-02-01.

3. Then in the "Overall" view only, press F9 (Total up). In the Total up popup, select only "Total values" and click OK.

You will see following changes in budget at all positions.

4. Now select Overview as "2016". Enter value 1,400,000 at position C00004-01-02.

5. Then press F9 (Total up). Select Annual values check-box and click OK. You will see below figures for FY 2016 as well.

Hope this is clear now.

Best Regards,

Aditya Kotak

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change your Overall Budget first, save, and then distribute down to the years.

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

As I see from your screen shot the overall budget is just 5000 for AP1 and you are trying to distribute more than 5000 value. That's the reason system is throwing error. Either you increase the budget or keep the distibuted value less than 5000. It has to work.

Regards,

Mohan R. Desai

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply,

1.In Im52, i tried to add 1400000, this amount is not  getting total up in im52.

2. If it is get total up my problem will resolve.

3. Here edit -> total up  is in display mode,hence it is not allowing to total up.

How we can bring it to change mode?

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Its an authorization if its in display mode. Take SU53 meassage and check with your basis for roles associated with your login authorization.

Regards,

Mohan R. Desai

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

in IM32, i was able to total up, but in IM52 only i am facing problem

Please check again