cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Sales Order in SAP for Assemble to Order Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

There is  a requirement where we have  Quoting process being carried out in 3rd party Application which is integrated with SAP using HCI middle-ware.

I need expert advise on how the integration will work for Assemble to Order Scenario where 3rd Party system is generating a BOM  based on the selection user has made going through a guided selling process. I assume if 3rd Party solution and SAP has the same VC rules defined then only populating the Characteristics values  to the sales order create BAPI will make sure right selection rules get's executed and  dynamic Bill of material is created in SAP  for the order, please give your expert comment.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm confused... Why don't you ask the software vendor this question? They're the ones getting paid, so they should explain how their software works. Actually it's something that should've been asked before investing in software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you confused  because you did not understand the question? please let me know and  i will explain with an example.

To answer your question we do have a meeting with Vendor scheduled for later in the week but i wanted to know views from expert like you to be aware about possible scenarios and options before meeting.

Thank you for help.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is not a single question mark in the original post, so I might be not the only one having difficulty identifying the specific question.

And now I'm confused even more - don't you know the possible scenarios in your own system? Why would SCN members know more about this? And why would you care for other "possible scenarios" if they are not applicable to your business?

To me a simple question to ask (again - to the vendor, not SCN) is: "we have VC in SAP, how will your software handle such scenarios?". Then sit back and relax while they scramble for an answer.

Good luck.