cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe keeps reverting back to the old name- IDT BO 4.1 sp07

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys

I recently created a new universe and published it on the platform.

But then I had to re-name the Universe which I did in IDT and re-published it. But it just did not upload with the new name, it just got published with the old name.

Then I re-named it from the CMC and it was fine...

Now everytime I bring this universe from CMC to my IDT and make a change like adding an extra object or something and re-publish to the platform, it gets published with the old name and I get two copies of the universe, one which I changed the name in CMC and the other which I re-published...

Any clues how to fix this?

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to right click on the universe name->rename in the repository resource IDT.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That was the first thing I did

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After that what was your next step?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Uploaded to platform but it still appeared with the old name ..

then I had to rename it in CMC

Even when I bring in the re-named copy of the universe from CMC to IDT, make changes and publish it back, it reverts back to its old name

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no need to export again in the repository (CMC) after changing the name in repository resources in IDT.

try with changing the name in the repository resources in IDT and check in the CMC or in the reports.

with this step your all reports pointed to the new name.

If you will change the BLX name in your local project then still your universe name appear to old.

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

2 simple steps:

1. Rename it in CMC.
  2. Launch IDT and open the Universe, rename (as desired) the Business Layer (.blx) file, save and publish to repository.

Voila, you got it!

Try that and let us know.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob

I wish it was that easy!

I have done the exact same steps as well already , the blx appears with the updated name but once it gets published, it appears under the old name...

The renamed Universe in CMC exists as well , as the universe from IDT does not overwrite it being a different name

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

Oops, my bad, one more step. Trust me, it's that easy.

After you open the Business Layer, change the Business Layer Name (its logical name, as we used to say in Designer, not the .blx file name) marked in Red, save and publish. Voila for sure this time! It may looks a little different, as the image below is from 4.0 and I don't know what version you have.

Let us know if it's fixed now.

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yay!! Found it...

Yes it was really easy LOL ...

Thanks Mahboob

Answers (0)