Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intercompany Scenario Using Make to Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Good Morning,

We have Intercompany Scenario process in SD where in we have the below flow.

1. Customer X comes to Sales Org A having Company Code A and Plant A to buy Product Y.
  2. Plant A is not having any Stock for Product Y or able to produce the Product Y.
  3. In this Case Company Code A approaches Company Code B having Plant B and Sales Org B.
  4. Plant B is able to procure same Product Y and is available in Stock.
  5. In the Sales Order Plant A is change to Plant B and Product Y is delivered to the Customer X.
  6. This triggers Intercompany Process.
  7. Company Code A Sales Org A raised the standard Invoice F2 to the Customer X.
  8. Plant B raises the Intercompany Invoice to Plant A.
  9. The above is the flow here of the Intercompany Process assuming Product Y is a finished Product.

I want to achieve the same scenario assuming Product Y is a Make to Order Stock.

We have MTO process in SAP SD. Can some one elaborate more on this in details process flow and configuration.

Can the same scenario be achieved assuming Product Y is Make to Order Stock and using Intercompany Process above explained?.

Kindly share your valuable Inputs for this.

Thanks,

Farhan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Farooq,

We can achieve it in simple way.

If you want to deliver the goods from Plant B in this case simply change the Plant in sales order fron A to B and it will trigger intercompany process and product will be directly deliver to customer.

If you want Plat A should deliver the goods to customer it self then you can change the Item category as in this case system will trigger Make to order process for Plant A only.

OR

you can trigger the make to order process through Idoc as well which used to happened in my previous project in which once system determine the Plant A system trigger an Idoc at sales order item level this idoc go to Production and generate the production Order, this production order produce the stock and increase the stock with sales order specific.

you have to write done the Idoc requirement that is, Idoc should only trigger if Plant plant to Sales org only just like in case of VPRS condition requirement write.

I believe above both process you can follow.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

Thanks alot for your detail information. 

I understood the above process that If I change the Plant in Sales Order will trigger Intercompany Process.

Now coming to Make to Order please if you can share the document showing the complete process flow and configuration with snap shots this will help me immensely.

Now I have question on MTO Material Master. I only want to make this work with one unique product in which I will maintain Item Category 0001 so that it becomes MTO Material.

I want to do this process with only one material and not with BOM components. I hope it should work.

Please if anyone can share the process flow and config document to test the same at my end.

Thanks,

Farhan.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Farooq,

If you are looking only for one material  then I think it would be good to trigger the Process/Production order through Idoc only.

you can search on scn forum for MTO you will find a lot of material.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Farhan,

Now coming to Make to Order please if you can share the document showing the complete process flow and configuration with snap shots this will help me immensely.

One resource that I have always found helpful for unfamiliar Basic processes is SAP's Best Practices.

http://help.sap.com/erpbp_re?current=pcat_erp&show_children=false

Pick one that is applicable.  Under Explore > Manual configuration select "content library" to see the building blocks.

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 if you can share the document showing the complete process flow and configuration with snap shots this will help me immensely.

Before posting any further query, please go through SCN RoE where it has been very clearly stated not to ask step by step documentation as SCN is NOT a tutorial but only to guide to some extent.  If you continue to ask, your thread would be locked.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks alot for sharing the valuable information.

I have successfully done the complete cycle.

Thanks,

Farhan.