Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass deletion of Quality Inspection types in Material Codes

krishnaananth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to delete a particular inspection type in multiple material codes.

I have already deactivated it using QA08.

In QMAT table and in MM03 I can still see the Material code with this inspection type in deactivated state.

I want to delete it in mass. In MM17 or QA08 option is not available for deletion.

I searched earlier discussions regarding this topic but could not find clear cut solution.

Is there any way to delete inspection type of material codes in mass without directly deleting from table QMAT??

Thanks in advance.

Ananth Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth Krishna,

Have you tried using QA08 => 2nd tab (Deactivate Inspection type) option for these materials? If you do so then there is a field AKTIV which will be set as "BLANK", meaning this inspection type, though added to the material, but this is no more useful. Thus the impact for incorrect assignment for inspection type can be removed. There may not need any specific or rather special program to practically delete these incorrect inspection types form material master.

Otherwise, you still need to delete any inspection type form QM View, you can work with ABAP team and try custom program to call MM02 => Add Material + Plant => Go to QM view => Open Inspection Setup => Select the inspection type => Delete Inspection type => Save. Please check if that is feasible.

Thanks,

Arijit

krishnaananth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I understood that AKTIV which you are referring is ART (inspection type).

As you said I have deactivated the inspection type and now it is not interfering in any transaction. I was just trying clean the incorrect insp. types.

Anyway it does not matter even if I dont delete.

Thank you for your response sir.

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You Need to activate the "QA08 enhancements" in customizing. After that you will have two new Option on the "deactivate insp. type" tab:

- "Inactive inspection Setup"

- "Delete inspection Setup"

The second one is the one you will need...

Regards

MH

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

There are no such standard transaction in which you can delete the inspection type in mass. You must create a LSMW or BDC to do so.

But, as I can see that, you have already deactivated the inspection type which is not required and the system is not generating the inspection lot, too. So, technically, your problem is motive to not to generate inspection of a particular inspection type is achieved. Also, there is no problem if the system shows the inspection type in QMAT as deactivated. Just put a filter to only show active inspection type.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Former Member
0 Kudos

The very simple way is to create a LSMW.

krishnaananth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response sir.

I have created some BDC programs earlier.

Please suggest can we put a logic in LSMW or BDC like..

if insp. type is = '0100'

take action only then

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth,

I doubt that you can select specific inspection type while LSMW or BDC as there are no such field in inspection setup pop up screen not even the line item selection. So, even BDC or LSMW cannot work.

There is one last way to do so is with eCATT using GETGUI method within the loop to read the inspection type one by one and then delete the required inspection type. But, I don't recommend to use eCATT for such activity. eCATTs are supposed to be used with testing and it also consume lots of the resources of the system and you may face slowness as well as hanging issues if you mass process something like this. Also, you need an expert of eCATT to create script for the same.

There is one more way to first delete all the inspection types and then put the only required inspection type. But, for this you need to take down time.

My suggestion is still to don't do anything as the inspection type is deactivated and inspection lot are not getting generated with the inspection type. It is just a matter of the "how you see the data in QMAT table?". You just put the filter on the inspection type Active as 'X' and you will not be seeing those deactivated line items.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananth

You can achieve through QA08,LSMW,BDC & SECATT.

You can put your own logic in BDC by taking the ABAPER help.

Regards

Suresh.M

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

As I wrote below, using QA08 enhancements there is now a standard transaction available.

MH

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

It would be very helpful, if you can share how to activate "QA08 Enhancement" in customizing.

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

It had been developed and implemented via the customer Connection program. ID 8719.

It can be activated via customizing switch. The respective documents can be found on SCN/SAP, there is also a good overview presentation of the ASUG available ("What is new in SAP Quality Management" from 2013).

Regards

MH

former_member198406
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

It can be activated as follows:

it is SPRO >> SAP reference IMG >> Quality Management >> Basic Settings >> Maintain Settings at Client Level >> Further Setting Screen area >> QA08 Enhancement

if you don't find the option then you need to implement the following notes.

0001729128 QM: Downport of QM Customizing switches of EHP7

0001764682 QM: QA08 enhancements

Regards,

Dipeshkumar Bhavsar

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Dipeshkumar,

I quickly put everything into a SCN document, so that it might better be found when someone searches for this topic next time.

Regards

MH