Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI 7.31 - Calling Receiver SOAP 1.2 service

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to call a SOAP 1.2 service and I followed the steps described in blog. I am using the SAP PI 7.31 SOAP Adapter.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80104882-c7a8-2f10-c3a3-81f182917...

I am getting the following error.

com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: SOAP: Response message contains an error

XIAdapter/HTTP/ADAPTER.HTTP_EXCEPTION - HTTP 415 Cannot process the message because the content type 'application/xml' was not the expected type 'text/xml; charset=utf-8'.

I am not sure what should be the ideal Content Type transformation I should use ?

Thanks,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Did you set the module configuration of content type as per the document. Refer  the page 16 where message transform bean is used to set the content type.

Since the Do Not Use SOAP Envelope option is ticked, the Content Type will default to application/xml, but since the Content Type needs to be application/soap+xml, the need to use the MessageTransformBean becomes apparent. And the Transform.ContentType module configuration ensures that the SOAP 1.2 Content Type is used.

regards,

Harish

former_member191528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Harish,

I am doing the same but it is still not working.

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

The sequence of modules are not correct. If you observe the document the message transform bean is first in the processing sequence. Please try after changing the sequence.

regards,

Harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Can you check from the monitoring what is the content type of your response message xml.

I guess request message is fine. Response message is coming to PI with content type of SOAP 1.2 , but as it needs to convert into SOAP 1.1 content type which is text/xml that is not happening.

Please check once.

Thanks,

Apu