Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View BDS Document on Work Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need your help.

I've modified the method BDS_GET_DOCUMENT_CONTENT of class /SMERP/CL_CORE_KWDOCUMENT_DO in order to be able to receive BDS Document from ArchiveLink on SAP Work Manager 6.3 as well. I'm using FM 'ARCHIVOBJECT_GET_TABLE' and that works fine for PDF documents, I retrieve them on client and can display them but if I tried to view text files like DOC documents I always get an viewer screen but empty / any content.

Does anybody have any suggestion why it not works?

So maybe some issues related to the binary / ascii string?

Comments and help would be appreciated.

BG,

Jörg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

What type of device are you using and what version of the Agentry client?

I would start by trying to confirm the attachment downloaded as expected to the device.  Try to view the downloaded file outside of the Agentry client and see if it opens as expected.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I use the Test Environment and I tested on Agentry Version 70.11.0.5 as well. Both time with no success.

But I tried to open the file outside of the Agentry Client and get an error message that the content is corrupted and cannot be opened.

Any suggestion what this error is caused?

BG,

Jörg

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I would guess that it is related to your modified code to download the document from ArchiveLink but is really hard to say for sure.

I would also look to confirm the document is valid in SAP as well to make sure the problem isn't just a bad document in SAP.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

thanks for your thoughts.

I did some research and find out that docx files are corrupt but for example doc files are okay. I assume that is due to the different data type formats, I think I will find a workaround 😉

BG,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

I found a work around and it works now (except .docx files) but doc files are always open in Microsoft office word and not intern within the work manager is that something to customize or what does this behavior cause?

BG,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its standard behavior of work manager.

for docx file please follow below link. It explains how to resolve data corruption issue.

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jörg,

The default behavior on Windows is to have the OS determine what is used to view the files.  That is working as expected.

The HTML control does not handle it like on iOS.  Even on Android some file types are viewable in the HTML viewer while others (like PDF) require another application to view the file.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajitesh,

thanks for this link. But if I understand it correct I have to modify this class but as a consequence I have to modify all caller classes of this "BDSDocumentLink" and in addition all caller classes of this caller classes, right? That would be a huge effort...

BG,

Jörg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not required. Only enhancement required to the mentioned class (i.e BDSDocumentLink object class)

Answers (0)