cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration SolMan with Jira

0 Kudos

Hi All,

is it possible to connect the SAP Solution Manager to Jira (Atlassian) via the new interface - REST API that doesn't support previous SOAP/HTTP?

Especially it would be necessary in the area of Change Management due to synchronize the CRs of both systems.

I've searched any solutions but these regard to the Web Services via WSDL that aren't supported by new version of Jira.

Can Focused Build provide any solution in this area? I've seen the reference at the overview of Focused Solutions to "Remote factory and JIRA integration". But I didn't find any description about this integration.

Maybe the SolMan 7.2 can provide more integration possibility with Jira?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Sergey Dorokhov

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

frank_kuehn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

in Focused Build we provide a OData WS API to connect external  software development tools like Jira. With this API we can send work packages and work items from Focused Build to the external tool and we can receive status updates send by the external tool. The API is quite generic (customizable) so you can use it also for other transaction types than Focused Build work packages/items and you can integrate it to any external tool. The external tool needs to provide the corresponding OData WS on their side. The part on the external tool side will not be delivered by SAP as the variation (combination of different tools with different version/setup/customizing) cannot be covered.

For  SAP MaxAttention projects where SAP is prime we use this API to connect the requirement to deploy process of Focused Build to a Jira system located at SAP in order to utilize “remote factories”. For this specific Jira system we build an add-on providing the required OData WS and the required Jira validators to send the status update back to Solution Manager. We are currently in the evaluation phase if we can provide this Jira add-on as open source, so customers can get it and adapt it to their needs to connect their own Jira system. We also have a detail documentation of the API available so a customer can build the part on the external tool side on their own.

Kind regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

thanks a lot for your information.

I would try this API for the integration solution SolMan-Jira.

Is this interface inside of Focused Build of SolMan 7.1 or first as 7.2?

As I understand the version for 7.1 (ST-OST 100)  is free of charge, isn't it?

Best Regards,

Sergey

frank_kuehn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

the interface is already availble in SolMan 7.1 as of ST-OST 100 SP03. It is not free of charge. You need licenses for Focused Build. Focused Build licenses are user based and you can directly order them in the SAP store (for MaxAttention customer the licenses are included when they order the corresponding Focused Build setup service).

Here a link to the Focused Build info page: https://support.sap.com/focused-build

Here a link to the SAP store: https://www.sapstore.com/solutions/99037/Focused-Build-for-SAP-Solution-Manager?url_id=text-sapstore...

And here a link to the API documentation:

https://mdocs.sap.com/mcm/public/v1/open?shr=1wyvTW1O8kWjzxVC4AjG99etXhJkuBwJw8eq2Wic8e4

Kind regards,

Frank

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Flowace
Explorer
0 Kudos

Connecting SAP Solution Manager to Jira through the REST API is not only possible but also commonly utilized, particularly for synchronizing Change Requests (CRs) in the context of Change Management.

The REST API facilitates seamless communication between the two systems, ensuring efficient data synchronization, which is crucial for maintaining consistency in Change Management processes. Focused Build, an extension of SAP Solution Manager, offers a comprehensive solution for integration with Jira out of the box.

This integration supports bidirectional data exchange, making collaboration between the platforms smooth and effective, especially in managing work packages and work items. Additionally, SAP Solution Manager 7.2 provides integration possibilities with Jira, covering various aspects, including Change Request Management (ChaRM).

In summary, utilizing the REST API, exploring Focused Build capabilities, and leveraging the integration options in SolMan 7.2 should offer effective solutions for synchronizing Change Management processes between SAP Solution Manager and Jira.

ali_hamoudi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lotte,

we implemented a plug-in for Jira which is available on the market place.

Check it out and feel free to reach to me if you have any question.

BR
Ali (Cross ALM)

former_member204161
Active Participant

Hi Ali ,

Can you please provide some guidance of how this plug-in works, where we can find this documentation and what can kind of data can be exchanged between Jira and Focused Build

Thanks,

Shaswat

Bogdan_Gorka
Explorer
lotte_halmoe
Explorer
0 Kudos

Do you have an update on how the integration works today and how to do the integration?

0 Kudos

By the way it was found that the SAP Basis 7.40 disposed the REST API itself.

So we need in this case either SAP Gateway System within SAP Basis 7.40 or SolMan 7.2 within the same one.

frank_kuehn
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

the API is available as of ST-OST 100 SP03 which can be installed on top of Solution Manager 7.1 SP13 onwards. The stack of Solution Manager 7.1 includes the software component GW_CORE 200. So even with Solution Manager 7.1 there is not need to have a separate gateway system.

Kind regards,

Frank

0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Ok. I should be more accurate. It is about the ABAP REST Library.

But that is available within SAP_BASIS 740.

Regards,

Sergey

pikakala_sebastian
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergey,

Very interesting question that you posted, it would be interesting to know if there is a feasibility to integrate  SolMan 7.2 and Jira, we have both in our operations, but I never though about connection them.

I will watch this discussion further as well, it would be useful to me as well.

Regards,

Sebastian