cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizer not taking into account changes in Tlanes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where I have to make optimizer calculate according to changes in tlanes made after the product has been loaded in Planning Book

So, the sequence would be

1) Load the product in Planning Book

2) Modify Tlanes

3) Run Optimizer   

And Optimizer should calculate according to the changes made in 2. Currently it calculates according the "old" tlanes. The only way of having it calculate correctly is to reload the transaction, but the users want to automate this.

I have found transaction /sapapo/tr_prod_get and cleared the value of i_buffer_flg but it still does not work.

Any help you could provide would be very much appreciated

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Parth_Soneji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hernan

I do not understand your query. What do you mean by "old" Tlanes?

Optimizer will take all the valid T-lanes into consideration for which you have loaded the planning book. What is changing in T-Lanes after you load the planning book with products?

In any case, you can run Optimization in background with transaction /SAPAPO/SNPOP with a particular selection profile. Whatever locations you have entered in the selection profile - Optimizer will take all valid T-Lanes between these locations.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Parth Soneji

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why are you changing the tlanes after entering the planning book.  You probably have realized already that SAP / APO reads all master data upon entering the PB and loading the selection ID.  It will not re-read the master data.  Why would it?

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

After re checking I had masterdata problems, but basically eliminating buffer flag from FM /sapapo/tr_prod_get works, it recalculates with the modified tlane data.

Thanks!