Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EWM - Upable to change/update Batch master in EWM System

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to change/update the batch in the EWM system after it is CIFed from ECC.

While changing/updating the batch, the system gives an error :

'RFC connection ECCCLNT100 could not be established

Message No. /SCWM/BATCH017'

The updates are working fine from ECC end. There is only an issue with the changes done from EWM side.

Same issue is there with the product master record. For example, the description changed in EWM system is not getting updated to ECC.

Things that i have checked:

1. RFC connectivity b/w both the systems

2. Set Update Control (Centralized, Decentralized) - Set!

What could be missing which is not letting the master data update go to the ECC system?

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member742133
Discoverer
0 Kudos

nikhil.kumar9 -- Could you please share details on who this issue was resolved ? Thanks in Advance
juergen.pitz -- Juergen, Could you please share if you have additional inputs ?

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

based on this error message: "RFC connection ECCCLNT100 could not be established" I would say that it should be a problem with the RFC connection. You wrote "1. RFC connectivity b/w both the systems". Has the user in the RFC connection the correct authorization?

"Same issue is there with the product master record. For example, the description changed in EWM system is not getting updated to ECC."

Never ever works. Never did and never will. ECC is the leading system, changes are transferred by CIF and only in one direction. The batch changes and that they can be transferred from EWM to ERP are very special.

Brgds

Juergen

---

Want to learn EWM?

Check for EWM courses @ https://training.sap.com/curriculum/scm_ewm

Get a SAP Learning Hub Subscription: https://training.sap.com/shop/learninghub

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I will check with my technical team on the authorizations to the RFC user.

And coming to the product master changes (at least the description), i have seen this happening in couple of other systems and i know it sounds strange because it is clearly mentioned everywhere that master data changes are uni directional. Probably i can incidents raised to SAP with those systems and ask them to check how is this possible.

Regards,

Nikhil

0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

I agree your point. Master data should be one way and ECC should be the centralised system for all the master data changes.

For testing purpose, I did changes (Description change, Batch status change) in the master data in EWM and the same is getting updated in ECC.

My client is using EWM 9.3 and the system is behaving the same from the beginning. I haven't done any changes in SPRO or RFC.

But definitely there might be some control to activate or deactivate the master data updates from EWM to ECC.

Thanks

Loganathan

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

CIF is one way only. Batch data is handled differently (even if the Batch from ERP to EWM is transferred via CIF as well), but nothing you change in the product itself is sent back to ERP in any standard way. There is no control or setting for this.

And you should read note 1451123, which explains what you should do, so not to mess up your master data.

Several customers have probably build something like that, to transfer changes from EWM to ERP, because of the discussion who can access the data in EWM and who in ERP - but then they have to live with the consequences by doing that...

Brgds

Juergen

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I will check with my technical team on the authorizations to the RFC user."

Just made a quick test, and locked the user in the ERP system. Then the message is just stuck in the RFC queue with the message that the user is locked. Not the message you got. So probably not the user that is the issue, but the RFC destination itself?

Juergen

former_member183610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

Can you check the ' batch changes immediately to ERP' settings in the below path.

img-SCM Extended Warehouse Management-Extended Warehouse Management-Interfaces-ERP Integration-General Settings-Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control.

BR,

C K Reddy

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello CK,

The setting is : send batch change immediately to ERP via replace.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Check all your entries with the below in the path suggested by Mr.CK

BR,

Olet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

You have to follow the standard process to update Batch and Product Master.

Don't do any changes in EWM .

You have to change both Batch and Product master in ECC then CIF it to EWM.

Then system will replicate the changes to EWM.

Note : Changes/Transfer of master data are unidirection only from ECC to EWM.

BR,

Olet

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Olet,

The Batch management functionality is something which provides an option of changing the batch even in the EWM system and once the changes are done, they are replicated in all the connected systems in real time.

That is also true with the change/update of even things like the product master description.

I have seen this behavior in other ECC/EWM systems as well.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil,

Please check the below things :

1. SM59 & BD97

2. Check the update control for Batches in EWM system

Path : IMG > Extended Warehouse Management > Cross-Process Settings > Batch Management >

Set Update Control (Centralized, Decentralized) .

BR,

Olet

nikhil_kumar9
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Olet,

The update control is also set. However, in my case there is only one entry with the business system of the ERP system along with the option: Synchronous, cancel update if error occurs.

Because of this setting i come to know that there is an error sending the changes to ECC system.

Regards,

Nikhil