cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differance between Locked for any usage Vs Locked for automatic sourcing field in Production Version of S4 HANA?

0 Kudos

Hi Expert, I would like to understand what is the differance between Locked for any usage Vs Locked for automatic sourcing field in Production Version of S4 HANA Material master?I am not getting any differance , when I run MRP live using either of any option.?

In both the cases , After MRP Live run,I get planned order created , without production version assignment ,and while converting the planned order to process order, system generate warning message for missing production version.

Is there, any specific reason SAP introduced new dropdown field " Locked for automatic sourcing"?

Regards,

Pravin Mandgaonkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

If the production version is locked for automatic sourcing, it cannot be used on MRP, but it can still be used to generate production order or for costing. If the production version is locked,for any usage, you cannot use it anywhere.

BR

Caetano

0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

Thanks for reply.

I tried generating the production order using both the option and order get created without any error message.I also tried to run CK11N for material with version - locked for any usage and did not faced any issue.

Regards,

Pravin Mandgaonkar