Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong handling unit management configuration for warehouse xxx

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured a standard warehouse for my customer. Several storage types are SU managed.

In delivery order, we can pack the materials with handling unit after we create the picking.

And then, we want to use the mobile data entry (barcode scanner) to do the pick and pack also.

I have already setup some basic function or tcode LM01 and other LMxx.

So, I use the "pick and pack" function LM46.

I enter the delivery order number, and the pack material (the handling unit left blank).

Then next.

In each of the material, I confirm the line by scanning the pallet label (SU number).

After that, I try to use the F1 SAVE to supposely confirm the picking and do the packing.

However, the system shows error "Wrong handling unit management configuration for warehouse xxx".

Did I miss a confirguration? Do I have to use the HU management?

I hope not, because I assume if we can pack the handling unit in the delivery order, then we can do it also in the mobile data entry.

Hoping for any enlightment. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

My problem has been solved. I took reference in:

Pick and Pack - Warehouse Management System (WMS) - SAP Library

If you want to use the pick and pack function in a storage location that is not handling unit-managed, set the Pick&Pack indicator in Customizing for Logistics Execution Warehouse Management Interfaces Shipping Define Shipping Control Shipping Control per Warehouse number. After a TO is confirmed, the pick HU is assigned to the delivery.

So, I followed the configuration, redo the TO, and the pick and pack can now be done in LM46.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

HU is always activated at storage location level so just want to ask whether you have activated hu on storage location

Logistics General -> Handling Unit Management -> Basics -> Materials Management -> Inventory Management -> HU requirement for Storage Locations and Default Values for Deliveries

and that storage location is wm managed

Please check

former_member217601
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the path, and I have not configure anything in it. All sloc is still blank.

Do I need to set this? Will it affect my business process?