Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading URL Parameter in ECC Report

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am calling a report from ECC through portal URL iview configuration(SRM) and the report is being displayed in the Portal and now i need to read the parameters of the URL when my report is being called is there any way to read the URL parameters?

Regards,

Vinod.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

You can use Shared memory concept. Pass the required parameters to memory and read it in your report. For more information about shared memory please check the below link.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/307d791b-3343-2e10-f78a-e1d50c7cf...

Thanks,

Varuna

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Varuna,

I have tried using Export and Import but since the sessions are different the memory is getting cleared.

is there any way to read the URL id in ECC report?

Regards,

Vinodkumar.

0 Kudos

Hello Vinodkumar,

Import and Export will definitely not work because of different sessions.

Therefore I suggested to use shared memory via tcode SHMA. For further details you can check the link I have provided earlier.

Thanks,

Varuna

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Varuna, the Shared memory concept worked for this scenario  ..

Regards,

Vinod.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

can we not use a RFC enabled wrapper FM which passes these values ...

im actually not clear on what these URL parameters these are those values which will basically be used as input parameters to run the report in ECC to get output

So we capture these values in SRM and use them WDDOMODIFY and then pass it to the FM in ECC within a report where you could use them ?

Regards

Vinita

Former Member
0 Kudos

wdr_task=>client_window->parameters

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How are you "passing" the parameters? Are you passing them as application parameters on the iView? Can you see the parameters in the URL for your report but just are not able to "see"/read/use them in your report? What does your browser's Dev tools show as the URL used?

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes , i am passing the parameters in the URL  as ex:(.....?sap-config-mode=true&BID_NO=W11) and when this URL is being called ,this triggers my ECC report and now in that report i need to capture the above Parameter (BID_NO) ,where as if it is WD application using event we will be able to read it but in report is it possible to read the same?

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you launch the report directly from your browser (ie. use URL directly and not through portal), does it run correctly? If yes, check your iView parameters for "pass through" of the querystring parameters. If no....we will continue after you check that.

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion, yes i did the way as you said by running the URL directly and the ECC report is being called as shown in the below image and i am adding the parameter to this URL through WD Component and once the URL is being called the below screen appears which is a ECC report and in this report on any of the events i need to capture the Parameter  value.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a basic ABAP report or a webdynpro ABAP app (WDA)? For WDA, it is simply a public, import parameter you set up and then you can read it directly.

vinodkumar_thangavel
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a basic ABAP Report which is called through URL .