cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DATABASE ANALYSIS - No data returned by extractor with no error detected.

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I've got an issue with one of my managed systems whereby the DATABASE ANALYSIS extractors are not retrieving any data since April.

All the other extractors are fine it's just the database related ones.  I've even gone from minimum config to full to see if that helps.  I've also deleted the extractors and reran the database extractor setup again.  Sure enough they get re-created but still no data is retrieved, with no errors in last 20 runs.

I am a little confused as to what is causing this as I can find no errors anywhere.

How do I determine the cause of this and how to correct it?

I am running ERP6 EHP2 SPS17 on Oracle 12c on AIX 6.1.

I have another system that has exactly the same config but doesn't have this issue.

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I raised an incident with SAP and the resolution was to force a manual AWR snapshot.

Cheers

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Could you please check DPC Pull Core is activated for your DB extractors. Please refer below SAP Note for the same:

2010095 - Check: DPC Pull Core for DB Extractor is activated - SAP Solution Manager 7.1

Thanks,

Manish

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Yes it's active and has no errors.

Cheers

Craig

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please update your Solman environment with SP level also.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Sorry I'm running Solman 7.1 SPS17.

Cheers

Craig

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please compare User Roles/Authorization (used in RFC connection during managed system setup) assignment for this system with the system for which alert mechanism is working.

Also please check if in Technical Monitoring you have applied and activated database template/metric to this system properly.

If both above steps are fine then please see if you are getting any error in SMD Agent log.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

I've checked and the systems are the same.  I've redone the managed system setup and the technical monitoring again.  But no luck same issue.  Everything else seems to function just not the database analysis.

Form the SMD log i can't see anything out the ordinary that isn't already being shown in the other systems logs.

Is there a way of me resetting this system and starting from scratch to see if that helps.

Thanks

Craig

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Resetting/Deletion should be the last step for this kind of issue and if you want to follow that path then best way will be to delete system from LMDB (Host, Technical System, Product, Logical) and uninstall SMD Agent.

Reinstall SMD Agent, Connection and push data to SLD/LMDB again and perform the Managed System Configuration Tasks.

I will again suggest to cross check the steps with your working system and if possible then please make screenshot document of Managed System step for this system and attach here.

Thanks,

Manish

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

OK nothing has changed for this system except ST-PI & ST-A/PI patches that were applied 13/04/2016.  We then upgraded Oracle from 10g to 12c on 15/04/2016.  But I have DB Utilisation for this system upto 24/04/2016 so post the upgrade so it can't be that that's caused it.  Nothing has changed since! 

The other system that is working had a similar change spell but much later Oracle upgrade from 10g to 12c 17/06/2016 and ST-PI & SP-A/PI patches applied 02/06/2016.  But this system hasn't exibited the same problem.

Here is the output of the managed system configuration page.

And here is the output of the IT Performance Reporting for DB Utilisation for April showing the point it stopped.

This is showing the same but for the year

Normally I wouldn't look at this system like this but I have been doing some Oracle ADO work and wanted to check the space results, which is when I discovered this problem.

So to reiterate this system has not been touched except for the above.

Thanks

Craig

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

It is certainly altogether unknown issue if reports stopped coming all of sudden and no other changes being made in configuration (DB Connection etc.).

Please try to reconfigure system again after cleaning/deleting it properly.

Thanks,

Manish