SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM closing operation/auto reduce carry forward budget if not fully used in next year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all

I don't know how to achieve this.

I created a PO with Value of 200 (fiscal year 2015) and then carried forward the PO to fiscal year 2016 thru FMJ2.

In fiscal year 2016, I created GR and Invoice against PO (checked final invoice) for 150/-, so commitment reduced by 200/- and actual budget consumption was  150/-, so when i see budget usage report I have 50/- as available budget.

I don't want new postings of fiscal year 2016 to use budget of fiscal year 2015. That means I don't want 50/- available budget in 2016. I want them being block or consumption auto in 2016.

Please gui me. thanks

Bright Huang

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to manage it via different FM assignment. For example, when you carry-forward residual commitments, you can change one of FM assignment, say, fund source. Then, you can make a rule that no POs can be created on this fund source. By this, you will prevent using residual budget from previous year for new consumption.

Another possibility is to follow-up these documents - manually or automatically - and reduce the residual budget, when and if it's generated following commitment carry-forward. This is more complicated solution, but equally available.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to manage it via different FM assignment. For example, when you carry-forward residual commitments, you can change one of FM assignment, say, fund source. Then, you can make a rule that no POs can be created on this fund source. By this, you will prevent using residual budget from previous year for new consumption.

Another possibility is to follow-up these documents - manually or automatically - and reduce the residual budget, when and if it's generated following commitment carry-forward. This is more complicated solution, but equally available.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli,

You means add fund as source and target field, right? then don' t use fund in new year.

Please give me more info

Bright Huang

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I mean, a fund source as one of possibilities. Say, in year X, it's 'F1' and in year X+1 - it's 'F11', if you make a carry-forward. Then, don't allow new POs on 'F11'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks.

The old POs don't have fund information. How can it reduce fund budget when invoice if I add fund in year X+1?

this question confuse me since yesterday you reply me.

bright huang

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I gave 'fund' as an example. You are free to use whatever FM assignment, but fund or funded program are the most suitable. Otherwise, you will have to mess up with commitment items and fund centres, which is not very efficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli

I am still little confuse. please help me.

step1:

year / Old POs / fund center / commitment item / fund / budget

2015/ PO1 / FC1 / CI1 / none / 100

step2: FMJ2

consumed commitment carry forward from 2015

year / Old POs / fund center / commitment item / fund / budget

2016/ PO1 / FC1 / CI1 / none / 100

budget carry forward from 2015

year/ fund center / commitment item / fund / budget

2016/ FC1/ CI1/ F1 /100

Old POs how to consume budget with fund  F1 in 2016?

thanks again.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once more, if you have no 'fund' as FM assignment in your system, then it would be very hard to achieve what you want. The only possibility in this case, would be creating different document type for budget, when you do your carry-forward. Then, apply complicated rule in AVC control, which will treat this budget (based on document type) in a way, which will allow postings within CF commitment (PO), e.g. GR/IR, but would stop creation of new PO on this budget. This is possible, but would require some development in AVC BADIs.

However, if you implement 'fund' or any other additional FM assignment in your system, then the task is easier. You would change this FM assignment during CF and would not allow any new commitments created on CF funds. Of course, since you don't have any FM assignment except for FC/CI currently in your system, you would need to introduce a new one. It is equally a substantial task to be performed in your FM structure, but this would solve your problem.

I believe, this clarifies your question.

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is really helpful and detail information.

So nice of you.