Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DynamicConfiguration properties on a split message

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

if you have 1 inbound message and is split into 2 or more outbound messages of the same type, when those messages are processed by a File Receiver Adapter will  each message have it's own DynamicConfiguration properties that you can set?.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Johny,

If you want the dynamic configuration for file name or directory name. then sue the variable substitution. Refer the below blog

Defining Variable Substitution for Target Directory/File Name - SAP Library

regards,

Harish

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Problem is there is nothing in the output files to use in a variable substitution.     The input file is simply to be duplicated in 1 directory and into another directory.   This is a simple list of materials and is to be send to a common FTP site for Vendor1 and Vendor2.

Is all hope lost or must I change my output message to hold such a value?. 

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

If you need to duplicate the file then i would suggest to use multiple receiver services then the multiple receiver interface. That will resolve your issue with dynamic configuration.

regards,

Harish

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonny,

If the task is just the send the file as it is to 2 vendors then you can have 2 receiver in the receiver determination OR 1 receiver and  2 receiver interface in interface determination and then create 2 FTP channels ,Make sure you enable ASMA in both sender and receiver channels.

In case if you are splitting the incoming message into 2 messages in MM (i.e multimapping) please note Dynamic config doesn't support as stated above

Br,

Manoj

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry I tried to keep my scenario explanation simple.  I have 1 common FTP site that all of my potential Vendors will access.   I do not want to have to create multiple Receiver channels.  Reason being is that today we need to send the same file to 2 directories and then next week they may need to send to ...10 directories etc.     I had envisioned having a very simple value mapping that can be maintained that has a list of directories.  (that tells me how many messages to split and what to name the associated directory.)

However I am coming to the conclusion this is not possible

If I used Enhanced Receiver Determinaton to determine a list of Receivers - I would only want them to go to 1 named Receiver anyway.  Seems that the determination ignores multiple receivers of the same name and only end up with 1 file being FTP'd.  So that does not appear to be an option.

Perhaps now my only option is to write a BPM

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jonny,

The dynamic configuration properties of both files will be the same. This has been the behavior of PI ever since Use variable substitution for the filename and directory.

Regards,

Mark