Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery related billing using the sales order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have this situation:

the customer makes a sales order for 100 Kg of a material. He has in his master data the 5% overdelivery allowed.

The delivery and PGI is done for 102 KG because it is not easy to pick exactly the delivery quantity. There will be always some small difference.

In the same delivery there are items coming form other sales orders. There is the "order combination" allowed.

I create the invoice in reference to the delivery and I get an invoice for 102 KG. I want instead to bill the ordered quantity (100 KG) and not the delivered quantity because it is our company's fault that we are delivering more than the ordered quantity. I want the customer pays exactly the agreed quantity (and amount).

In the copy control rule between delivery -> invoice in the field "Billing quantity" currently I have "B" (delivery quantity less invoiced quantity) and "price source" = "E" (Delivery/order).

I have tried to set the filed "Billing quantity" to "A" (Order quantity less invoiced quantity) but the system says "Billing quantity A is not defined for delivery related billing", and even if I confirm this choice I get in the billing always an invoice for 102 KG (delivered quantity).

Someone has an idea to solve this issue ?

Thanks.

Francesco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Francesco,

if you wish to use the order quantity, why you are using delivery-related billing in VOV7?

Have a look at cash sales process item category BVN in VOV7 and the copy control in VTFA between BV order and BV billing for item category BVN.

Of course, you do not to set need immediate delivery for your new item category.

It could happen that you need a copy requirement other than the standard 002 to ensure that there is GI posted before billing is done, or simply remove the billing block after goods issue is posted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veselina,

thanks for your answer.

I use the delivery related billing because, as I wrote, I have the "order  combination" set. So in my delivery I could have items coming from different sales orders.

If I had items coming from a single sales order it would be correct to use the order related billing, but this is not the case.

I could have many sales orders for the same customer and I have a delivery with items coming from any of these orders. For this reason I bill the delivery and not the order.

But I would like to bill the quantity of the sales order and not the delivery quantity.

I hope now is more clear.

If there is any other suggestion it is welcome.

Thanks to all.

Francesco

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, it is possible with order-related billing to use order combination.

Order combination influences how the deliveries are created, not how billing is done.

The tricky part is to force billing split per delivery number when you have order-related billing.

I have seen something like that in one system, you can populate a number in vbap-cuobj_ch and use it in a custom routine as a split criteria.

Another option is to keep the delivery-related billing, but to add the excess quantity as a separate item.

Then it is up to you- you can show it in the invoice or not. This is a better variant compared to the order-related billing one, because it is easier to track and show what the customer received on top on what was requested. The problem is to prevent people from misusing that. Maybe you can try to play with pricing conditions and incompletion to restrict entering a big quantity for the item.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your copy control settings for your Item check by maintaining the Billing Qty as " C"  .

SRK