cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open an external Catalog for SRM 7.0

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We want to open an external catalog link to SRM 7.0 out of the Portal IFrame window. The external catalog works on the standard mode however when we open the external catalog link in the SC it opens within the IFrame which is disturbing the external catalog site layout.

Are there any parameters need to be added in Standard call structures to open the external catalog link outside of the Portal frame i.e. as an external standalone Window.

Thanks in advance for help.

Regards,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Kevin,

To address this issue, login as Portal Administrator and set the 'Launch in New Window' property for the External Catalog iView to "Display in Headerless Portal Window (standards)" and retest the scenario.

Alternatively, In Standard Call Structure, you can maintain the following parameter BEFORE HOOK_URL:

Parameter Name: sap-ie

Parameter Value: Edge

If you found this answer helpful, kindly mark it as helpful.

Let me know if your issue resolves, I will be happy to help if any further assistance is required.

Regards,

Bhanupriya

0 Kudos

Thanks Bhanupriya for the help.

I did try to add  suggested parameter in standard call structure before HOOK_URL but its showing up entire Portal page within Portal content area instead of showing up a separate window of external catalog website.

I could get the same result as of SRM parameter addition by setting create shopping cart iView property to 'Display in Headerless Portal Window (standards)'. In Portal there is no separate iView for External catalog as the external catalog link has been added in to the standard SRM create shopping cart iView.

Do you think of any other tryout?

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos

Thank you Kevin for your response.

Request you to upload some screenshots which shows issue replication. This will enable me to understand the scenario better and give my recommendations.

Regards,

Bhanupriya

0 Kudos

Appreciate your quick reply.

Let me try to explain what is happening in my case.

In Portal there is no dedicated iView for External catalog.The external catalog link has been placed on the the standard SRM create shopping cart iView with the help of Standard Call Structure in SRM backend.

I set the shopping cart iView property 'Launch in New Window' property to "Display in Headerless Portal Window (standards)". Now when I click on the create shopping cart role the entire Portal home page is getting displayed rather than just create shopping cart page in an external window. Instead of SC iView I want only the external catalog link to be opened outside of the Portal Iframe.

I was hoping the Standard Call Structure parameter should work after adding parameter sap-ie but this change also behaves the same way as I get for Portal iView property change.It open the entire Portal home page and when I click on the external catalog  link which is present in the Portal content area, the external catalog site gets loaded at the same portal content area.

I have attached the screen shot which might help you to understand the scenario (I am sorry but I had scrapped client sensitive info)

Thanks,

Kevin