Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast key figure value change when forecast qty update manually after PGI

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to check in this wonderful community regarding the forecast reduction issue. After PGI, the withdrawal quantity is correctly storing in the table (/sapapo/dp_sched) and i can able to see in the forecast tab of the product view.

Now when i try to manually edit the forecast key figure value by adding or subtracting with additional forecast qty after performing PGI, the forecast key figure value is changing and it is again subtracting the already withdrawal quantity i guess from the /sapapo/dp_sched table.

How can i stop this behavior, i don't want to consider subtracting the withdrawal quantity when i edit forecast key figure value in the planning book.

Please help if there is any way to control or stop this.

Thanks and regards

PK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Sorry but this is not possible in standard system -- Whether a forecast order has been "Edited" is not something we judge in consumption logic.
Actually we do not support the scenario that "forecast release to period where reduction quantity exists". Here the "forecast release" also means forecast editing.
The only correct way, if you want to eliminate the reduction quantity, is to delete the original forecast order firstly in /sapapo/md74, and then create a new order.
/sapapo/md74 is the only correct way to delete forecasts, because it also deletes corresponding reduction quantities from /sapapo/dp_sched.

Best Regards,
Ada

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that in a standard system it is not possible and it make sense.

Is there any way we can achieve this scenario using forecast reduction/consumption BadI - SAPAPO/DM_BADI_CSP?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Regards

PK

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Yes if you want, you can exclude the forecast from consumption calculation by using the BADI, but from consumption logic point of view I don't see your purpose of doing this.

Best Regards,
Ada

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

No, we need to consider reduction/consumption calculation when we do the actual PGI.

But I would like to exclude forecast from consumption calculation ONLY when we manually edit/update the forecast value in the planning book. Is it something still possible using this BadI?

Regards

PK

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

Sorry but I don't see any field in the BADI that can be used to distinguish the orders that are manually changed or not.
Maybe you should consider modifying the order's category when you make manual change in //rrp3 (sorry but I don't know how as I'm not familiar with PPDS), and then you can use badi //dm_badi_csp.
From business point of view, I don't see any reason why you want such functionality.

Regards,
Ada

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

I also checked with the help of technical resource to see if we can distinguish the orders when they are manually changed, but unfortunately we couldn't able to figure it out.

What i had observed is when we edit the forecast value in the planning book, as said the new forecast value is reduced by the amount of already PGI'ed quantity from the dp_sched table. But the reduction quantity in the case of manual edit is not added to the withdrawal quantity column in the forecast tab. Even if the forecast value goes zero by the cause of manual edit(s) (just for testing purpose), the withdrawal qty that had been originally PGI'ed remains in the forecast tab.

Regards

PK

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

I don't understand "But the reduction quantity in the case of manual edit is not added to the withdrawal quantity column in the forecast tab" sentence ... sorry.
The other situation you described are all as per consumption design.
As already said,
1) Only /sapapo/md74 can be used to remove forecasts (set forecasts to zero). This is the only function where reduction quantity can be deleted.
2) We do not support the scenario that "change/delete forecast quantity in a period where reduction quantity already exits".

From business point of view, your requirement sounds strange and that's why I asked for the reason.
We do not recommend you to seek any strange solution in consumption logic, since this may make things in a mess, and you'll not be able to get support from SAP.

Thank you for the understanding.

Best Regards,
Ada

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

Thanks for the reply.

Let me explain the requirement. We have two forecast key figures in the planning book.

Forecast-x               10      10     20

Forecast-y                                  60

Forecast-x values are all transferred from Salesforce in the monthly buckets to planning book. Along with these quantities and other variables, the final value for Forecast-y is calculated in Salesforce and transferred to APO planning book. Now we would like to reduce this Forecast-y once we do PGI.

Sometimes when it is not possible for business to send Forecast-x from Salesforce they manually go to the planning book and maintain forecast value directly in the planning book.

Example: In the planning book in the 2nd bucket, business increase the forecast quantity by 10 in both key figures.

Forecast-x               10      20     20

Forecast-y                                  70

When there is no withdrawal qty exist in the forecast tab, it all works great.

But lets assume we have withdrawal qty of 30 in the forecast tab, now when we edit the planning book Forecast-y key figure value as mentioned above, after we enter the new value in the Forecast-y it is changing to 40 as listed below.

Forecast-x               10      20     20

Forecast-y                                  40

Regards

PK

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PK,

I think the original 60 quantity is also the quantity after reduction ...
Sorry I don't have any solution to meet your requirement. Hopefully others can have a brilliant idea here.

BR,
Ada

PK09
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

That's correct. In this example the forecast qty of 60 is also a quantity after reduction.

Anyone in this community worked with similar requirements, please share your experience.

Regards

PK