cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Service registry: End point of Binding WSDL URL and Target URL is diffrent

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I'm trying to register my web service using Services Registry option and testing through SOAP UI.

When i choose "publish in SR" in my respective ICO i can able to publish successfully in Services Registry. While publishing I enabled "Overwrite URLs during Publication" and i changed my because client want to communicate my service using my public host/port.

fyr

And it’s publish successfully in Services Registry.

in service registry I’ve taken a WSDL URL (note: it has my public host ) which is in general tab as I mentioned below screenshot. and in SOAP UI I tried to connect the service using same WSDL Url And i can able to connect my service,  but the problem I can see the end point  with my local host/port (application URL).

How can I Change my End point as my public host? Because I shared my public URL to my client, client can able to connect my service but there not able to connect my End point since it’s pointing to local host.

Note: I can see my end point also registered  with my public host in Binding WSDL tab but Target Address tab i can see my local host.

on top of that  when I try to test, It's throwing below error. Please suggest

i'm using PI version of 7.40.12

please help to resolve this issue.

Regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see that when you overwrote the End Point you have done so only for the HTTPS URL.

Can you check the WSDL, and see if the HTTPS URL contains the public hostname? If yes, then this could be a standard behavior where as the HTTP URL is left blank, the end point shows the HTTP URL will the host name.

Regards

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I just tried this , and you can ignore my response previously. I seem to have the same issue / observation as yours! The WSDL continues to contain the local host while the Binding Ports created uses the overwritten URLs..

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh.

Thanks for your reply.

Even though if i left blank HTTP while overwriting i can see the 2 end point by default one for HTTP and another on for HTTPS, and  i tested as well. but my client wants to connect using HTTPS for testing cases only i shared my screen shot.

problem is, binding WSDL name is point to public host (both HTTTP and HTTPS) and Target Address in pointing to private host.  so when even client call my server they can able to get the definition, but END point is my local host, so that they are getting 500 Error.

fyr

former_member213558
Active Participant
0 Kudos

thank you for your test cases.

Yes.. here too same issue.

how did you test?

is your WSDL url pointing to your public host? if yes, while calling your public URL in SOAP UI what end point are you seeing? is your Target URL pointing to local Host?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • The WSDL URL contains the public host.
  • The End point URL within the WSDL contains the PI Hostname rather than the Public Hostname as desired.

Regards

Bhavesh

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Talk to your basis/Network team. They will do public to private binding for you. What I mean, Suppose your public IP is 172.10.23.43 and your private PI host is vhvryxxx.xx.com:50000 .

So the will make an redirection for public to private. Whenever 172.10.23.43 will be called from internet there will be automatic conversion to private vhvryxxx.xx.com:50000 whenever traffic will try to enter in your intranet through DMZ/firewall.

Thanks,

Apu