SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FMDERIVE x Purchase requisition

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My configuration in "Activate/Deactivate Funds Management" IS selected in the field "Activate Account Assignment Derivation in Funds Management" ans IS NOT selected the field "Activate Update in Funds Management". (see images bellow)

Problem: When I create the purchase order (PO) by ME21N the system run the FMDERIVE without any problem, but when I create the purchase requisition (RP) by  ME51N the the system does not run the FMDERIVE.

Does someone know why the system is not run the FMDERIVE for porchase requisition (RP) ME51N ?

Thanks a lot

Claudio

8 REPLIES 8

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you don't flag update in FM, then no FM documents are created. What's the point in FMDERIVE, then?

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Independent if the field is ou is not flag in the field "update in FM" (second field), the system should call the FMDERIVE to do the derivation (found centrer and item) because I put flag in the field "Activate Account Assignment Derivation in Funds Management" (first field) when I run ME51N.

When I run ME21N in the same scenary the system  always call the FMDERIVE.

Best regards

Claudio

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I didn't contest it I just wondered why would you need FMDERIVE, if you don't create FM documents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems, you missed the trace activation before ME51N execution in FMDERIVE, But same you are doing for ME21N, is it?

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Eli,

I need (by question of company) introduction of Funds Management in two steps. In the first step, I want  activate only the account assignment derivation (the user need to verify the derivations)  and in second step update FM, but "account assignment derivation" it does not works for ME51N (RP)

I don´t know why

Best regards

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly Ravi.

The derivation is not been called for ME51N.

The derivations must execute as ME21N.

Thank you

Claudio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

Please close the thread by marking the correct answer, if you are happy with the solution.

Regards,

Ravi

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Claudio,

This approach is not very productive. What will become of the documents which would be posted in phase 1? Would you need to reproduce them in FM? In this way, you would encounter, for sure, some problems. I don't see any point in this method.

Regards,

Eli